To EMH or Not

The opening of Smugglers Run together with Dorian make it hard to project what will happen with the opening of ROR. But if Smugglers Run is any indication, CL may be down at the other parks. We are touring 10 days after ROR opens.

Everything I’ve been reading here says I should go to morning EMH and then hop to a different park because the park with morning EMH will be crowded as the day goes.

I don’t have PH.

So, I was planning to avoid all morning EMH. I did my touring plans based on not going to morning EMH.

Looking at the current CLs, I’m thinking we should go to the AK for morning EMH. With a TP, I think we will be better off with 1 extra hour at AK, given that we most likely won’t get FPP for FOP. This will get us ahead of the RD crowd.

So…

• AK on Monday, with EMH, is CL 6. AK on Tuesday is CL 5
  • Epcot on Monday is CL 7. Epcot on Tuesday, with evening EMH, is CL 6.

I don’t feel the difference in CLs are that significant between EMH day and non EMH day for AK.

Should I just plan to go to AK on the day with EMH?

Yes. You’ll be fine.

FYI – A common misconception about Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

1 Like