To Disney World We Go! (Enablers unite!)

Epcot is what I was thinking as well, which is hard because I love all the parks! With all of the construction and the inevitable crowds that will be there on the weekend for Food and Wine, I suppose it’s the right decision.

4 Likes

I would skip Epcot unless I was scheduled to be at Disneyland in the near future, in which case I would skip MK. :wink:

2 Likes

Ha ha! I almost said MK but then realized I have a DLR sensibility when it comes to this.

2 Likes

Blasphemy!

But in all honesty, I am almost positive I would feel the same after visiting Disneyland. One day!

2 Likes

I just got back from visiting my dad for the first time in 19 months! Enjoy this special time with your dad!

6 Likes

How was your visit?

1 Like

My dad passed away last year. Make memories while you can. Take him and let him enjoy it. I’m telling you from experience - don’t leave anything on the table and wish later you had said or done something after it is too late. I never went up to my dad’s happy place - his cabin in NC - with him. I have now been one time with my mom, sister and my family. When I walked in, I almost lost it. I am mad at myself for not going with him. It’s really the only thing I can say I missed out on. It wasn’t something I thought I was going to miss when he was here, and I have my reasons for that, but I do.

Your kids may fuss for a little while (ok, if they are anything like mine - quite a while) but they will get over it and eventually they will understand. Besides, in the end - you don’t answer to them. They answer to you.

8 Likes

It was really nice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I did tear up when I finally got to hug him!

5 Likes

What park to skip? That’s easy…None. Add the hopper to the tix and do mornings at 1 park, afternoon breaks, and evenings at another. Money well spent even if you hop only once or twice.

8 Likes

Not a bad idea to add hoppers. What does everyone think about switching from Pop to AS movies? The rooms are the same I believe. I do love the skyliner though…

2 Likes

Do not do it.

I just stayed there in April. I did not love it. I would not never stay there again but I wouldn’t choose it on purpose.

Pop is a million times better.

4 Likes

Ha, well I have an opposite opinion to @OBNurseNH. I will NEVER stay at Pop again! We’ve stayed many many times over the years at ASMo and we love it. We love the over the top theming, we have good memories there. The reason I won’t stay at Pop was due to the rooms, they were TOO small for queen beds so if ASMo is remodeled similarly I would be disappointed and have bruised shins.

1 Like

One of the beds is a Murphy bed.

We loved PoP when we stayed there in 2018.

2 Likes

Skyliner at RD not ideal but heading back to resort for midday break from EP and HS is well worth it. I’d stay with Pop but ASMo is practically the same but without the SL

2 Likes

Yes, I love the murphy bed idea but the room was too narrow for them and I banged my shins constantly. I really hated the rooms. If I’m going to have a small room, then ASMo theming is more my thing. We find other ways to ride the SL. We have stayed most frequently at ASMo and CSR over the years. The size of the rooms at CSR can’t be beat for a moderate. DH’s fav is POFQ

I think POP is charging moderate prices, due to SL, even though it’s considered a value. The size makes it value so I’d rather pay less for a tiny room. We never had problems rope dropping w/ buses at ASMo but doing it w/ the SL was another story.

Well that is true about the pricing.

1 Like

I tried to get PoP for my stay in October but it wasn’t available so I ended up with AoA (Little Mermaid). It is definitely more than I paid at PoP last time.

1 Like

They do charge a lot for AoA. I think their theming is awesome, but not the prices :wink: At this point we’ll probably only use DVC points at DVC so… it’s mute

2 Likes

Perfect answer