Titles

It’s not a @Shmebulock comment without at least a 2:1 emoji : word ratio. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Exactly :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

I had the “oh, you’re female” moment several times in my first few months here, the I saw the TP %female stats and now default to assuming a poster is probably female :slight_smile:

I’m not secure enough in my manhood to use more than one emoji in a row :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Female, but I had to learn the modern texting and social media use of soooo many exclamation points. I probably went years in real life never using one and now it feels aggressive to send certain texts without the softening “!” or a tone setting emoji. :woman_facepalming:t2: Of course that’s with other adults, with my kids I am supposed to lose the emojis and pretty much all punctuation. Oh, and don’t use full sentences – so aggressive. :rofl:

7 Likes

I haven’t read the whole thread so this comment may be irrelevant but I always hated those titles. It was so cliquey and contrary to the otherwise hugely collegiate spirit of the forums.

And, yes, I was bitter that I didn’t have one, despite being around here since 2017. In one form or another. Ahem.

8 Likes

… my sweatshirt!

2 Likes

Thanks for the memory!!! :blowfish:

:thinking:

4 Likes

It is who you think it is, probably.

Welcome back :blush:

4 Likes

Oh I would bet my next Disney trip on it.

ETA: Oh I just saw his new thread, so it was never actually a question.

5 Likes

I am in the process of learning these rules.

5 Likes

:laughing:

Yeah, when I text my kids I’m supposed to be chill, but not too chill, apparently.

I’m still learning the rules about how quickly I’m supposed to respond to a text. Or not respond :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hmm. My kids have told me that I should NEVER use exclamation points. Nor periods, apparently. :confused:

3 Likes

I think kids like to view their parents as hopelessly unhip, so I don’t try too hard to emulate their style.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the tapback was invented by an engineer who didn’t want to fully text with their mom.

3 Likes

I’ve adopted a few things. Like using “Kk” instead of “Okay” or worse “Okay.”

But…I use proper grammar when texting. Which they find…funny.

9 Likes

Um, that’s just K unless you are secretly a girl under age 16.

Oh, and I know that with texting I live in the parent corollary to Vegas’ “the house always wins” in which parent texting is always wrong. I’m cool with that, or should I say Cool! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

As long as I don’t ever end any of my texts with “love, mom,” I feel like I am ahead on the cool curve.

8 Likes

Have you noticed that the young people say Ahahahaha rather than Hahahaha.

6 Likes

Me, too. It’s like we’re twins.

7 Likes