Tips/Shortcuts/Lessons Learned for Using the Forums

I haven’t seen a thread that’s compiling all the lessons learned so far while using the forums.

One thing I’ve found to make it easier when trying to find threads I’d be interested in commenting is to go ahead and “star” the topics. When I log into the forums, I’ll click on the STARRED button at the top and it will show me all the topics/threads I’ve starred and I can just click on them and go there.

So once there is, say a topic about Favorite Restaurants in WDW, I’ve starred it and I can check it out every so often and comment on it or post a question to it.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post any other shortcuts you’ve learned the last few days and be sure to STAR this topic if you want another way to stay caught up on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve finally found a comfortable groove for myself on the computer. I open the forum and immediately switch from “categories” to “latest.” That lets me see all of the threads from all of the categories in chronological order. I then look at the little number to the right of the thread title. This tells me how many new responses have been made within that thread since the last time I looked at it. Very useful!

2 Likes

On my phone it’s a little more difficult to see what’s going on, but it seems to be working. I still switch to the “latest” view, but use my phone browser button a lot more.

1 Like

On my computer I do what @SallyEpp_cot is doing but I also open the link in a new tab so I don’t have to go back to the latest everytime I look at a topic.

1 Like

One of things I’m really enjoying is using the unread tab. It shows a list of any of the topics that I’ve either started, or responded to, or chosen to follow when there have been updates to it. And even better when i click on it, it takes me right to the point that I left off. I know i’m in the minority since I primarily use a PC rather than my phone but there really is a lot to like here!

2 Likes