Tips on using the Forum with an iPhone 5S?

One of the things I’m struggling with is catching up on topics on my iPhone 5S. What I want to do is to work my way through the “Latest” list, opening up and reading topics that interest me, and then going back to the point in the “Latest” list where I was at. So far that has stymied me, as when I go back from a topic I end up at the top of the list.

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong, and any other tips/tricks for accessing the Forum with an iPhone?

I don’t have an answer but I dm interested in this as well.

I don’t use an iPhone, but what I do is use my “back” button, which “usually” brings me back to where I was on the page before.

Yes, that bring me back to the page I was on, but unfortunately back to the top of the screen rather than the location I was at. :frowning:

On my iPhone 4s I usually navigate through the Unread and New tabs instead of Latest. New lists threads that I’ve never looked at before. After I read one I can use the Safari back button to go back to the list and the one I just read has fallen off it. Unread lists threads I’ve already read that have new comments. Clicking on a thread from that list takes me to the spot in the comments where I left off. I find it’s very efficient. There are usually suggested threads at the bottom too, and sometimes I navigate forward that way. Just click on anything with a blue star or number next to it. Those indicate unread threads or comments. It’s easier to see/use once you’ve caught up and read almost everything.

I use Unread, but I haven’t played around with New - I’ll give it a try!

If you scroll down to the very bottom of a thread there’s usually a sentence like “there are 3 more unread and 2 more new in this category.” There are hyperlinks in the sentence so you can also navigate that way instead of going back to the list. Sometimes following those links is less linear/hierarchical but required fewer clicks. I navigate very differently in my phone than I do on my PC.

1 Like