Tips for keeping track of little ones

Hi all! What are your tips or tricks you’ve found to be helpful in keeping track of your little ones in the park? I’m not overly worried or concerned, but was just a thought on my mind. We’ve done phone number bracelets (although DD3 has a habit of taking hers off), and I’ve seen the Safety Tats, but I thought I’d see what great ideas you all had or what has worked best for you.

I laminated very small cards with our cell phone numbers on them and put them my kids pockets each day. Brought extras too just in case any cards got lost. Told my kids to give the cards to the closest CM if they ever got lost.

2 Likes

I let the kids pick out a dog tag at the local pet store. They have them in all shapes and colours. Then you slide them into their special engraving machine to add names and phone numbers, my son wore his on his shoelace. My daughter wore hers on a necklace. I think they cost about 10 each. we reuse them every year.

2 Likes

Son will be 5 at trip time. I got these http://www.reminderband.com/speedy-delivery.php with my cell number on it. Got orange (sons favorite color) with black lettering. He knows my number but might get scared and forget. When we get there I will show him cast members and tell him if mommy gets lost to go up to one of those people.

Also will tell him he has my permission to scream as loud as get can if he doesn’t see me or his father.

1 Like

We did bracelets from Olivers labels with our last name and cell numbers. Also read to make a photo each day of each child with what they are wearing etc.

1 Like

Strap a backpack on them with a 5 foot flag pole, the flag will read my last name, easy to spot them in the distance!!

Just kidding!

All above are good, also don’t forget to take a picture of them each day or each outfit change.

I told my kids, teenagers now, that CM were okay, but I ALWASY taught them to go to a mother with other children for help.

2 Likes

I didn’t take DS to WDW until he was 9. When he was 2 I put a harness on him for a trip to the zoo. He was out of sight but I could reel him in. He hid under clothing racks on a shopping trip. I found him when he laughed. Then I got the harness. ADD meds began when he was 5. Do whatever works for you.

1 Like

Great ideas! I love the dogtag idea @AFERoss. We go to a lot of college football games, I should have had those made years ago for my girls. They’d love to wear them as necklaces. @Jedilogray we teach our kids the same thing – find another mom with kids, she’ll know what to do. And I think the flag idea is phenomenal. You might even be able to patent that. I’m not above using duct tape in any form or fashion to keep the kids reeled in, but I’m a bit concerned social services may be called on me.

1 Like