Tipping

Must see on proper tipping!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

2 Likes

Nice one, @TheUnknownComic. But I’m still gonna tip MouseKeeping, as I want my towel animals.

It definitely would be nice if restaurants would just charge more for the food and pay the servers a decent wage. I worked for tips for many years, and it was always stressful to worry about whether you would make enough money. Unfortunately, I live in an area where many people think they’re doing you a huge favor if they leave you a 10-percent tip.

Freakonomics Radio did a really interesting podcast on the subject of tipping. It was similar to what the video captured.

I too want my towel animals, and I am glad to reward servers for their great service. Besides, it’s the happiest place on earth and there’s more happiness in giving, so I figure I’ll just be increasing my happiness that much more. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not taking any sides on the tipping battles that go on ML, I just thought it was hysterical and felt the need to share the video.My humor sometimes mistaken for seriousness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s interesting - my seriousness is sometimes mistaken for humor.

1 Like

One interesting note about restaurant tipping in Florida. This is one state where the wage for servers is much higher than the national requirement. Minimum wage for servers in Florida is $4.91/hour plus tips, whereas the federal requirement is $2.13/hour.

This is interesting.
So, what is the recommended tipping for WDW - resorts & dining? - anywhere else?

Tipping at WDW is pretty much in line with the rest of the hospitality industry. See http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/03/21/disney-world-tipping/ for details.

1 Like

Great link. Helpful advice on tipping for WDW. Thanks!

Bolshevik. Parasite. Second-hander.

I always wonder about those who make the counter-“argument” that non-tipped servers will have no incentive to provide good service. Isn’t a manager who keeps a malcontent server on the floor falling down on his or her job? Aren’t managers non-tipped jobs?

Of course, if we pay everyone in BitCoin the world will be perfect.

Adam for president. Sorry, but tipping makes me ill and stressed.