Tip to skip the "bag check" lines

I think you might be confused. The only thing we brought was sunscreen, some bandaids and bug spray. I guess technically I could have put all of it under the stroller without a clear ziplock bag but if they can see what’s where why not keep it neat? And my purse case only held a phone. Nothing else. It’s a strap attached to a phone. If I was skirting the rules then security would have sent us back to the bag check line. This is just a tip for people hoping to streamline the process if you don’t need to bring a bunch of stuff. There is no way to get around security. It’s pretty tight.

1 Like

I wore mine. My son had a bag messenger so we could not go to the other line at AK.

2 Likes

Bingo. AND that it can be done exposes a HUGE security issue. Hopefully someone sees this happening and begins inspecting stroller baskets before someone with evil intentions sees this and uses it to get something harmful into the parks.

3 Likes

Not a security risk at all. My stroller got checked inside and out from the canopy to the under carriage and I still had to go through the metal detector. I’m not advocating for HIDING something. I’m saying don’t bring stuff you don’t need. You’ll end up waiting needlessly.

The problem with advocating this is that you never know who’s reading this forum. If you’re spreading it around that security are allowing strollers with baskets through the no bags line without checking then that might give people with less-friendly intentions the idea that hey, maybe they should try sneaking things in this way.

3 Likes

I can see your concern, but I never said that. Honestly, I don’t think the people commenting negatively on here have been to the parks lately or have taken strollers into the park. I never said the stroller wasn’t checked or that we didn’t go through security still. Not once. I said if you don’t take a bag you can go through the no bag…CHECK line. You are still getting checked. There are TWO types of lines at the parks. Bag Lines and No Bag Lines. Bag Lines are a lot longer. If you don’t need a bag…don’t take one and you just don’t have anything to search. And for those without strollers, well even better. Use a purse case. It’s a phone cover with a strap. It was a tip to make getting in quicker. And it does, which is why Disney allows it to happen.

And anyone who did actually try to do something nefarious wouldn’t be able to get in and they quickly get arrested given that Disney security checks everything. This tip just makes it faster. If/when you go to the parks you’ll see why.

You did not make it clear in the original post that the stroller WAS inspected. It reads like you didn’t have to be checked. THAT is where the concern is stemming from.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize that you were saying the stroller was checked in the no bag lines. I still don’t like it, because while the safety concern isn’t there the entire point of the no bag line is that you don’t have anything to check and therefore you shouldn’t have to wait. If there’s anything to check they’re supposed to send you to the bag lines. If the no bag entrance guy is having to check everyone’s strollers then that defeats the purpose, because there’s going to be a line.

4 Likes

I’ve been plenty thanks. Very well aware of security measures.

2 Likes

Not to mention the title of the thread

3 Likes

I agree with coppermagnet28. As a annual passholder that goes almost weekly, and a Central Floridian who is still reeling from the Pulse shooting, I am glllladdd that the security is sooo tight because Disney is the one place I feel safe. I have seen many a stroller turned back into the baggage check and put into the detectors, so I wouldn’t put all of hope in getting past it.

I, myself, would rather not go through and get caught trying to slip through, although I do realize the ziploc back is see through so your really not trying to hide anything.

Also, I rarely spend more than three minutes in the baggage check anymore. They have put so many guys out there and have streamlined so much at the DTTC that it’s easy and fast. I remember the days when it wasn’t!

We were even there on Thanksgiving and no more than three minute wait.

However, the idea to pack light is always a good idea in any scenario.

2 Likes

There are reasons some people need to pack like a sherpa!

I am one of those “kitchen sink” people you saw rolling in.

We are a family of 7. One child has autism and eats gluten/dairy-free, so I brought gluten-free PBJ sandwiches and Cheerios everyday for him. It prevented so many meltdowns to have something to quickly hand him when hungry.

Three of our 5 kids (including the one with autism) have type one diabetes, so each one has a glucose meter and CGM, and in addition I have a pack with insulin and insulin pump supplies & glucagon. They also need juice and other things in case of low blood sugar. We also have to take diastat & epipen in case it’s needed, for our kids’ other needs.

Two of the kids are also in diapers, which of course when traveling don’t always contain everything (especially when traveling), so in addition to diapers & wipes I had a change of clothes for those two.

Add in water bottles, handheld fans, ponchos, and glow sticks and yep, our double stroller was packed by a sherpa! Besides a lot of work to unload it at Tram Time, we had a blast!!

I don’t think there is anything I brought that I could have left behind.

3 Likes

You don’t need to defend your actions to me. If you need it fine. All I was pointing out was there are a LOT of people that pack way more than they need.