Timestamps on Memory Maker / PhotoPass downloads

It seems when you download Disney PhotoPass photos (I’ve got Memory Maker access), the metadata on the photos stores the date as the download date, not the date the photo was taken.

I want to add the photos to my Apple Photos library in chronological order (by the date taken, of course). I know I can manually edit the metadata date for each photo individually, and this will sort them into the correct order—but that’s extremely labor-intensive and time-consuming. And while I can retrieve the date from the photo filenames, I can’t get the time that way.

Is there any easy way to download the photo files with the proper metadata? I fear not, but just thought I’d ask in case someone has found an ingenious solution.

It’s so annoying! I just make sure to download them in chronological order in one giant download one day soon after a trip.

1 Like

That gets them into the right order in relation to each other, but they still don’t slot into my other Photo Library photos properly (i.e., along with photos I took on my phone). :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I know. It’s really annoying, but I don’t know a better way.

1 Like

So very Disney IT.

2 Likes