Time for me to say good bye

It’s time to say good bye I have to leave.

That’s right we are leaving for the sunshine state. We will be leaving today for that long drive to Florida. We have to stop in Dade City to see DW’s family and attend the services for her grandfather. I’m not looking forward to this. I hate funerals. I offered to stay behind and watch the kids, set up for the repast, but NO! I’m also scared of getting into a fight. My sister in-law pushes buttons and I have not been fishing in 10 months so I’m ready to snap (fishing keeps me calm) also last time I spent more then 20 min. with my Brother in-law he insulted my wife behind her back in front of me and her cousin, and I told him if he was not her brother he would be laying on the floor. DW’s cousin still thinks I should have hit him but he was drunk as usual and I really did not want to get arrested.

I truly married the BLACK SHEEP in that family. She is nothing like her sisters or brother. DW finished school, has never been arrested, never had a DUI, has only 1 child and is married to the father (me) and after 20 years is still on her first husband/spouse (me again). I could go on and on.

Going on, after spending 5 day with DW’s family we go back home and get to enjoy our first adults only trip in many years. Our last trip was over 6 years ago and it was only a over night stay in AC. Followed by being kicked out of our home by mother nature for 5 mounts. Five days home and then it’s off back to DD and NJ.

8 Likes

I hope “good bye” is only until after your trip…

I can appreciate you in-law situation. They are all “good people”, and I can get along with them until… Let’s say her two brothers are passionate about their politics and can’t seem to have a conversation that doesn’t include politics. The problem is that DW and I share very similar political views - that are 180 degrees opposite from her brothers’. Neither of us enjoy political debate/argument, so we spend the whole time biting our tongues.

2 Likes

Yikes! 5 days is a long time!!! Good luck! Not punching the obnoxious drunk is a good strategy…as it gets harder maybe picture what else you could do with the money you would spend on attorney fees and bail! Could you sneak away maybe with your DW and go for a walk or fishing? Hang in there!!! Come vent as needed!!! Sounds like vacation will be even more deserved after this!

2 Likes

If I was not attending funeral services I would be fishing that day. I love fishing but I love DW even more.

7 Likes

Safe travels!

1 Like

Be safe in your travels and praying for peace in your family situation. Peace in your heart and peace in your DW’s heart that no one can take away from you.

1 Like

Have a wonderful trip! We will be thinking/praying for you. I am sure your wife appreciates the effort you put in with her family for her. I have to admit, my family is the one like this, not drunk drop outs or divorced, but def. rude and my husband endures a lot. So on behalf of wives with annoying families, I thank you.

I think an adult only trip will be wonderful. I think this is a great plan for my 20th anniversary. In Liners countdown style 1609 days. LOL Good thing we are going as a family in 37!

2 Likes

Have an awesome trip

1 Like

ugh, family nonsense is always a joy. Good luck!

3 Likes

Keep your eyes on the prize - the adults only trip!
Good luck!

2 Likes

Ugh. I mean, I like my family but just had to spend basically six days in a row with them. On Day 6, I texted my husband that I need to get really drunk and not see my family for awhile (meaning a week). Time with family can be draining and then adding on all that other stuff. Sorry, I’d suggest faking an illness and hiding out at the hotel but then your wife would be alone with those folks.

I hope you have a great adults only trip with no mother nature drama!

3 Likes

My wife has given me a rule that I’m not allowed to “stir the pot” with her family. I translate that to not having fun. The trick is to make them fight with each other so they leave you alone! :rofl:

Good luck!

5 Likes

This is our 20th anniversary trip. It is a short stay and only 3 park day. Just wait 4 1/2 years for the silver, that will be a big trip.

5 Likes

My sister in-law likes to make my mother in-law upset as well as her grandmother. This is what I fear, the grandmother (aka Nanny) is a dear woman who I love like my own. I usually can deal with my sister in-law by her self but when she is around Mom and Nanny she becomes a even bigger B*TCH.

1 Like

Hang in there. I don’t envy your situation with the service and the family. Just keep remembering that it will pass.

1 Like

Good luck! I will direct message you with rough plan of our weekend. Hope we can meet up! Just picture Magic Kingdom when the wacky in-laws start getting on your nerves. Hum a little tune like zippity doo dah…

2 Likes

I feel for you with the family situation. Once you get past that part hopefully it will be a huge relief and you’ll have a fantastic trip. Safe travels!

1 Like

I’m not a fan but the song that goes through my mind is by Drowning Pool "Let the Bodies hit the floor. :innocent::smiley:

3 Likes

You’re missing out! Now that song will be in my head all night. They were a great live show

1 Like

I like a large selection of music but I had to look up who sang that song. I could not tell you any other of there songs.

1 Like