Time for a Trip Planning Research Project

I’m going to the World Sept 14-22 (yes, there will be a trip report). To the extent planning matters (I’ve got resorts reservations, park reservations, ADRs) I’ve done it.

One of the things I truly do want to do is take time to stop, look, notice (we all say it, but Yes, this time). I do want to ride what I can, but I mostly just want to Be There.

Does anyone know of a good book (or more than one would be great) that points out and explains background, connections, history, things to look for? We’ve done lots of Hidden Mickey hunts, and those are fun and I can do them too. But I really want to stop and notice things. Like, for example, I saw that outside Mission Space in Epcot the planets in the courtyard are accompanied by their orbits etched on the ground. OK, I have to see that – been there so many times and missed it. Or, the sod roof in Norway (that is an example: I know that one!).

I promise to repay the help by posting lots of photos!

2 Likes

Have you watched the The Imagineering Story series on Disney+

1 Like

i have but not for a while. time to re-engage — great idea!

So you got me thinking … always dangerous. There are oodles of books on Amazon, but I didn’t want to buy anything without knowing if it’s good. So I went to my library and checked this baby out, “The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World.” I also put a few others on hold that weren’t available. I’ll report back!

2 Likes

So good, just bought :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have this, there is a lot of info there. I think I need to dig it out again.

2 Likes

Just doing a quick search online I came across this for MK. I am sure you know some of these but it is a quick way to refresh

1 Like