Time for a new mattress

I did add a memory foam topper which makes my bed a little better. I never was picky about mattresses until my hoverboard accident last Christmas!

2 Likes

This seems like it needs to be posted here …

As seen on the gritty streets of Tacoma!

7 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

Okay. I’m giving a final update on this.

So, after contacting shophbd.com about the mattress, they came back originally and said they would escalate to their manager. A few days later, I heard back that there was nothing they could do (they don’t allow returns, which I new already). I responded back again, saying that I felt they should know that even though I made SURE that the mattress I ordered was the same, and I was assured it was, and then proceeded to order it, the fact that it was NOT the same was disappointing.

They came back and said they could forward my concern directly to Sealy, since Sealy was the ones telling them that it was the same mattress. I also left comments in a survey I received from Sealy stating the same.

In the meantime, we decided to order a 2" Tempurpedic memory foam topper for the mattress. This finally made the mattress what I had hoped it to be in terms of comfort.

But…my end result (and I told the company I ordered from this)? I don’t think I can recommend order a mattress from them…with a caveat. If the mattress you sleep on in a hotel matches EXACTLY the name of the mattress they are selling, I think that would be find. But if they say that mattress X has simply been renamed mattress Y…I wouldn’t trust them. The fact that they don’t have a return policy, then, makes this more problematic.

Originally the no return policy didn’t bother me, because I “made sure” we were getting exactly the mattress we knew we would love because we had already slept on it. When that ended up not being the case, the no return policy now proves to be a problem. Many other on-line and in person mattress stores allow returns/exchanges within a certain time period…but then, they also don’t sell the same mattresses found in hotels.

5 Likes

I’m sorry. You’d really done everything you could to be sure.
I hope the combo serves you well for years, though.

1 Like

Mattress companies are notorious for selling different model names to different retailers, and vs their own website, to make it near impossible to comparison shop.

The product they sell to the hotel trade may well be different than anything they sell retail, and it’s going to very difficult to get a straight answer out of them.

2 Likes

To clarify, the site I bought from sells hotel beds direct to consumers. They aren’t selling retail mattresses. “shophbd”…the H B D part means “hotel beds direct”.

So, if you like a bed you sleep on at a hotel, you have to shop through a select direct-to-consumer site that carries the hotel line. There is a similar site available (name escapes me off hand) that sells hotel mattresses from Simmons/Beautyrest.

1 Like

Noted. I would say that if you can find the exact model name you slept on at hbd, you’re probably in good shape, but otherwise, knowing mattress mfr shenanigans, I agree with you not to trust their assurances that they have an “equivalent” model.

2 Likes

Right! Exactly!

2 Likes

Wow, congratulations on finding the perfect mattress! It’s great to hear that you had a specific goal in mind for your trip and were able to find the mattress you loved. 20 years is definitely a long life for a mattress, so it’s definitely time for an upgrade. I’m sure the new mattress will bring you many comfortable nights of sleep. I’m currently thinking of buying one of the best recliners to sleep in. Let me know, guys if you’re interested in a review