Time Between Meals on Deluxe Dining

How long is a good span of time to leave between ADRs with the deluxe dining plan? We’re doing some days with a late breakfast/early lunch and then dinnner but others with 3 meals. Want to make sure we’re not stuffed on the 3 meal days for the next meal.

Everyone is different, but I would say at least 4 hours between the end of one to the beginning of the next. Personally, three big meals a day was too much for us on our trip before last. It was too intrusive on our day to have to stop to go to the next ADR. For our last trip, we positioned it so that we would eat a snack for breakfast; a midday meal from anywhere between 11:30 to 2:30; then a late dinner. We went to almost as many signatures as regular TS. We didn’t feel we were at the mercy of our ADRs as much that time around and we weren’t stuffed out of our gourds, either. One thing I’d do differently next time: no very late dinners; DH and DD just didn’t feel well eating so late. YMMV.

3 Likes

I like this expression…I have never heard it before. I am going to try it out and see if it ‘translates’.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have planned ours so that most days we either have an early TS lunch (midday) , or visit F&W to use snack credits and then booked Signature dining every evening at around 8pm. We will RD every morning but relax/nap at the resort in the afternoons.

1 Like

I have never tried to eat three meals a day on the deluxe plan. The addition of an appetizer for each person makes it a lot of food. I usually book the latest breakfast/earliest lunch and a late signature dinner. I try to book at least 7 hours in between those meals. I cannot start a three course lunch at Morimoto’s and then eat another one at Boathouse (total 3 credits but you will not believe how much this plan saves) without 7-8 hours in between.

3 Likes

Great minds…and all that☺.

1 Like

I have done the deluxe dining plan many times and have always saved money.

It can be hard eating 3 ts meals in a day but it can be done. For me, the meal becomes the break as we often spend 60 to 90 minutes for a regular TS and if Signature, we spend 90 to 120 minutes.

I would really plan about 5 hours between the meals.