Tickets and COVID and DVC

Hi! We are planning 2 trips this year and this is our first year owning DVC; therefore we won’t be booking a package (the only way we’ve done Disney before). When we booked a package I could cancel the whole thing up to 30 days out for a $200 deposit but does something like this exist for DVC? The trip in December is with a 85 year old so fully refundable and not linked to her would be best.

You can cancel your DVC reservation any time. If you are within 30 days of arrival your points will go into holding and have to be used before the end of your use year or they are lost. If you are outside of that, you can bank them forward if you have not passed that deadline, or otherwise book and use them.

Regarding tickets, you pay for them in full at the time of purchase, and then you manually link them to individual people on your MDE profile. Until first use by the person to whom they are assigned, they can always be re-assigned to a different user. So if you bought a ticket for the 85 year old traveler, and they did not go or use it, you could reassign it to someone else in your group and save it for another visit. Tickets are nonrefundable to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

There is also DVC insurance available on your points if you want. It is $99 a year (your use year- if your UY is August and you buy it now it would only insure trips for your August 2021 UY). You don’t get your points back, but there is added cash protection.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m most concerned about the tickets and that’s the part I’m struggling with.

1 Like

Since you are DVC you will always return! The tickets are date specific but you can always pay to change that date or transfer. I would buy from Disney to make it easier.

1 Like

Our guests are from out of state and we are FL residents but yes that’s exactly the conclusion I’ve reached. We will always be inviting our families so we are set and the tickets will never be a loss.

1 Like