Tiana's Bayou Adventure

When the concept art was first released, i was intrigued. Putting Mama Odie’s houseboat on top of the mountain seemed like it would a challenge, but thats why i liked it. Then the revised model came out, and my entusiasm began to deflate. “Bland” seemed to be what they were aiming for. Then we learn that rather than taking us through a story we know & love, its a year later and youre looking for an ingredient Tiana needs. What? It made me wonder if they were trying to tank this. An oh yes, all tose animatronics that so many people worked hard on are going in the trash to make room for more projection screens! And mist machines!!

4 Likes

I love Frozen, I just don’t like the ride. But I loved Maelstrom too.

2 Likes

I like Frozen but after the first time I rode it I noticed all of the blank space, you travel through a lot of black walls.

I dislike Remy because it was haphazard and made me want to puke, which generally never happens to me.

I love the ride anamatronics within a flume ride for Splash, but am team “time for a change because :flushed:

I hope they keep old fashioned anamatronics but fill it with color with projections in a New Orleans art style:

5 Likes

I hope you’re wrong about the animatronics going away. Frankly the long tradition of Disney repurposing animatronics and applying new skins is so wonderful. The America Sings animatronics from DL live on in both Star Tours (apparently the robot baggage handlers are de-skinned geese) and of course in Splash. Very much hoping they got yet another skin to continue on in Tiana’s…

6 Likes

You would think that they could be repurposed for a “Dig a Little Deeper” scene, but no. Cheap skate signed their death warrant

3 Likes

RIP Splash Mountain.

Link

(Click if you are ready for hilarity. :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

8 Likes

WTH did I just watch?! Was that a commercial or something?!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Someone posted this on chat a few weeks ago and it is so funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s so great.
Not going to lie - I miss that culture. Can you imagine anything similar these days?

2 Likes

Omg thank you- that was a good birthday treat to wake up to :rofl:

5 Likes

Happy birthday!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I don’t understand. Didn’t all of you dance like that when you wanted to ride Splash Mountain???

Now I feel embarrassed…

4 Likes

Thank you! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!! Hope it’s a terrific day for you!

2 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

Happy birthday! May I suggest a trip to Paris to celebrate sometime soon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Not sure I can plan that such short notice though! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Sunshiney_Disney_Momma … Happy Birthday!

Ugh! It does seem like that story is forced. They have had a lot of time to cobble together a plausible storyline. Hopefully the animatronics and music will be able to save it.

I totally agree with the excitement around Mama Odie. Unfortunately, it looks like management has overtaken imagineering and tried to make cuts left and right. Hopefully we get to see updated animatronics and not just a new paintjob on the existing ones.

As for Remi… I have ridden it twice in the last two months. I find it charming and cute for the little ones and those that are heavily invested in the storyline from the movie. I can see how some feel it missed the mark when they are comparing it to things like MMRR, but I think it is a perfect attraction for all ages.

As for MMRR… we love it. I can see how some may find it boring, but my family loves it. During our January trip I was in tears hearing my DD laugh during the attraction. It has been several years since I have heard her belly laugh like that. MMRR now has an emotional tie to my family. It will be hard for us not to love it.

Good luck Tiana. I hope you can pull off this Mardi Gras party.

10 Likes

Again … I’m still bitter from when they supposedly cut the length of 7DMT in half and turned Under the Sea into a shadow of the original design.

3 Likes

Oh my goshness that was … I don’t even know

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like