Tiana's Bayou Adventure

I agree with all of what you said but really, really hope you are wrong! I generally only ride the “wet” rides occasionally but I loved Splash all the same. If they give TBA their best, I may like it. Still not loving the ride premise but I’ll reserve final judgement for now.

1 Like

Me, too, me, too!

1 Like

Interesting because what I hear people say they like about MMRR is that there’s always some new detail to spot and the bright colours.

Remy is rubbish. We went in with low expectations and it was even worse than we thought.

2 Likes

One and done. I was excited about it but it was rubbish. I never miss the sing along though.

I had been assuming that it was going to be mostly the same ride with the Uncle Remus characters removed and Tiana scenes added in; maybe re-costume some of the “critters” - or not. I’ve never been able to figure out how they could incorporate the final drop into a “Bayou” adventure. The final scene will obviously be Mardi Gras. With it being such a well-loved ride as Splash (it has always been my favorite ride in MK), and such a high-vis project going forward, I’m hoping that they knock it out of the park.

4 Likes

FEA …

You are tough critic! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think I am!

3 Likes

I agree with you on MMRR - lots of color and details. I love the 2D+ for that ride, though it wouldn’t use it for most other rides.

Remy is disappointing but still cute.

FEA is great, though the waits are too long.

2 Likes

We only rode MMRR once. It was very brightly colored, I will say. And there were parts of the ride that were interesting. It was cute. I would ride it again but I it is not the Great Movie Ride. Maybe it’s nostalgia, but I found GMR to be much richer in context than MMRR. I haven’t ridden Remy yet but I have heard that they are similar with different theming.
I loved RotR. I found there screen use more seamless or incorporated, if that makes sense. I felt excitement during the ride.

3 Likes

Which is more rubbish-y: FEA or Remy?

1 Like

I recall all the hype about Splash as they were building it. How great the effects were (my phrase). I was gobsmacked, first time on the ride, that they were so proud of what looked like 2 dimensional cardboard cutouts. iasm was better. The drop is awful so I haven’t missed the ride at all.
I was expecting a similar lack of amazement on FEA when it opened. So I was happily surprised that it wasn’t completely cringey.

Remember when Space Mountain was down for 18 months? Idk what they did. They didn’t make it smoother.

Looking forward to Minnie and Remy when next I get to the World.

2 Likes

Good question. It was 2016 when I rode FEA so I’m not sure I could compare them fairly. But I would probably say FEA was worse if pushed.

2 Likes

Maybe that means I’ll like Remy then. I like the Norway ride better than FEA, but I don’t mind FEA. We really like Ratatouille, so I really want to like Remy too! :rofl:

3 Likes

I think Remy is substantially better than FEA (although if a person didn’t like screen rides in general, then they likely would not like Remy).

3 Likes

Getting a bit off topic here…

FWIW, I rode both Remy and FEA for the first time this past July, about 2 days apart. I really enjoyed them both and look forward to riding them again. Although I’m usually an “EPCOT was so much better in the 80s” guy, I have to say that Maelstrom was probably one of the weakest and dullest rides that Disney has launched. The whole "why is fictional Arendelle located in ‘real’ Norway aside, at face value, I think FEA is a much better ride.

4 Likes

Is this even up for debate???

1 Like

:100: agree!!!

While Remy is my least favorite of a lot of the newer ones, the little mouse cars and magnet thing is cool.

DS18 loves Ratatouille but when he got off he said he’d never ride again. He hasn’t done FEA and thinks MMRR is boring but he’ll ride it for me.

3 Likes

I think you’ll like Remy! It’s very charming. I don’t like the use of screens, but that’s cause it makes me sick (unlike MMRR, which does not make me sick).

2 Likes

:frowning_with_open_mouth: Ummm, no… just no! Maelstrom was my favorite dark ride. It wasn’t a headliner, just like I don’t think FEA should be considered one. But it held such a special place in my heart. DS loves Vikings and trolls and maybe I’m attached because he was attached but I’m so sad Maelstrom isn’t there! But, also, I had to watch Frozen TOOOOOO many times. DD quoted it for YEARS, lol!

3 Likes