Tiana opening this summer

Can someone remind me when AP previews by VQ begin?

My only chance is 6/20. Which is to be an Epcot day. We’ll have started with MK the night prior on arrival, and we have it scheduled for 6/21 due to early closure for a private party that night. I really don’t want to be stuck into being there all day, but we have zero intel about when various VQ groups are called so I’m worried that if I’m lucky enough to get one that’s exactly what will happen. Since it’s the last preview date, I’m hoping we can get some sense of what times they are called — too optimistic?

I suppose I could flip flop and do Epcot the next day (we have dinner plans at SH71 on the 21st after early closing, so EP wouldn’t be too bad to get there from).

Really, there are a lot of contingency plans in this trip for a number of reasons and this one shot VQ thing is a major one, and a thorn in my side. The other is the potential for soft openings for this ride (how would I hear about that?) on any given day of our trip, which would mean a pivot especially if we miss with VQ on 6/20

2 Likes

2 Likes

I tried to search for it but is there any word on BG1 for the Tianna VQ for passholders and for live VQ?

1 Like

@joelbruick has said, in regards to questions about other VQ opportunities, that if there’s a VQ in MDE, then it also is in BG1. Or something to that effect. I see that VQ for Tiana has been added to MDE already.

2 Likes

looks like our Epcot am and MK am are going to be the same! We are park hopping to the opposite parks in the evenings. We aren’t APs so, unfortunately, Tiana won’t be in the cards at all for us.

1 Like

Same days?! Which days?

We will be at Epcot in the morning on 6/20, MK at night, basically for dessert party/fireworks. Then MK morning on 6/21, Epcot for dinner & fireworks. We will also be at either MK or Epcot the morning of 6/22 with our afternoon/evening at HS, mostly at Galaxy’s Edge. A very short trip, mostly to do Guardians and Tron which weren’t open yet on our last visit.

2 Likes

I will BOLO you!

2 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the response!

1 Like

I’m going to give it a try on Thursday for the 1:00 p.m. drop time. I don’t have an MK(I picked up an AK) res that day so I’ll being using BG1 from home. I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

They finally released the photos last night :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

It was a lovely ride. My family went too fast through the queue!

5 Likes

It sounds like the ride hasn’t opened yet today for AP previews. I hope extended downtime isn’t a regular occurrence for all of those wanting to ride during previews. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

They were having problems early on during CM previews…are they still having frequent problems?

I hope they get it together! MK needs this ride back open, and running consistently.

1 Like

Is there an official opening date? If it is VQ, can 2 different members of my party try for VQ for both Tron and Tiana at the same time?

1 Like

6/28 (I know this because it’s the day after I leave :expressionless: )

3 Likes

It will need to be tested but Disney has stated that you can hold the Tiana BG and a Tron or GOTG BG at the same time.

3 Likes

Boo! I’m sorry. We are arriving 6/29.

@Sorcerers_Apprentice posted on chat that she was able to get both BGs this morning.

3 Likes

Yes but this is in previews.

Is there info that says once it’s past previews a person could hold both?

3 Likes