Thursday Aug 14 honorary Steve1 countdown thread

44 days til I get to experience Stitch’s Escape again! (Just kidding). Happy Thursday gang! How long for you and what attraction do you usually pass on?

3 Likes

Waking up in Indianapolis. Now I have no trip booked to count to. I pass on stitch, and some rides can be once and done. I am not good with centrifugal force rides. Though of a new countdown. 120 - the approximate time the next tuition bill is due. After that, I can save for WDW. Have a great day.

1 Like

Good morning @JustTimmy, morning all.

Morning @gabmom. I guess me and the family are a rare breed. Stitch isnt to bad. Dd always does it once. And I don think want to even think about tuition! Dd is in 10th grade.

Good morning! Since I’ve only been to WDW once I haven’t yet experienced everything. I did discover that Space Mountain and Tower of Terror aren’t for me. I didn’t enjoy either one. I think it’s a sensory thing. I don’t mind fast or dark, but combining the two was too much! I might try them again someday - perhaps familiarity will make them more comfortable - but I’ll probably skip them when I visit in 81 days.

@just1more, DS is now 22. He is as Disney obsessed as I, if not more. I plan to take my mom 12/15 to see Christmas at wdw - early December. She has helped some with the tuition. She told me she would go last year if DH didn’t go. He went, we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Pixie dust that your offspring are athletic, exceptionally smart, or overly ambitious that scholarships drop on them leaving you Disney money.

1 Like

@sally, don’t worry about skipping rides. That is the reason to go back…maybe one day I wil ride… Remember, missing something is motivation for getting back.

2 Likes

Good morning, all! I’ve got 416 days to go. Had a nice chat with a CM yesterday as I wanted more information regarding packages vs room only ressies. He was quite charming. I love it when I can tell that the CMs love WDW as much as I do!

Oh, and as for a ride I skip: Aladdin’s Magic Carpets. Eh, just doesn’t do it for me.

1 Like

Hi all 22 days. I will be skipping stitch. I am doing some new for me attractions that I have not had a chance to see. President’s hall and spending more time in World Showcase exploring the countries. I know this is sad I have not been in the American Adventure. On my to do list!

Good morning, everyone!! 5!!! A really good ride that I usually skip is Mission: Space. I think it’s great, but it’s much too closed-in for me, and gives me a sensation of being crushed!

2 Likes

3!!! Good morning @JustTimmy & everyone! I skip the big thrill rides like Dumbo! 0.0

3 Likes

49 days til I return to the homeland. I skip Stitch. if anything else gets skipped it’s usually just because I’m pressed for time. but I enjoy it all. :smile:

4 Likes

No countdown for us at the moment. We did stitch on our last trip and all agreed "never again’. Today is also my eldest daughters birthday - 15 today - seemed to happen awfully fast.

1 Like

I feel your tuition pain - second installment for DS is due next month. First installment for other DS is due in April - 2 in post-secondary school at once! Gah! Squeezing in one more budget trip just before Christmas! Yup, we’re slightly crazy! :wink:

Good morning neighbor, Isn’t there a picture of you on that “throw caution to the wind” Dumbo ride?

1 Like

Good morning Linahville. 29 days for us. Adult only trip. DH hasn’t been with me on my last 4 trips, but follows my liner adventures on Instagram. He’s starting to get that feeling that he’ll never have alone time with me while we are there. Phew. … at least he’s prepared.

1 Like

His family has grown exponentially

1 Like

74 Days !! We have skipped Stitch, the Jack Sparrow “show” and the Backlot in the past, due to liner recommendations…it’s nice to have some informed advice as we’re making our TPs so we can maximize our time with quality, crowd-pleasing attractions. Have a great day !!

Good morning, all! Two days until we’re back in the World! We have always passed on Stitch, Dinosaur and ITTBAB, based on UG descriptions. Guaranteed to terrify DD. This year she’s ready to try RnRC!

Exactly one week from today, we will be at the airport waiting to board! We are unlikely to re-do Stitch - once was enough. Other than that, there is a lot that we have not prioritized, but each trip we try to add something new. This time it will be the Enchanted Tiki Room - I did it when I was a kid, but haven’t since. Also, we do not do Kali River Rapids. My kids and I hate getting soaked. My DH would like to do it, but not enough to go alone.