Thread of hope

My wife pointed this out to me just a bit ago.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/18mar2020-disney-exploring-a-modified-park-experience-to-be-deployed-as-soon-as-park-reopening-is-possible.htm

Of course, it is conjecture/rumor. But I figured it was a good opportunity to create a thread focusing on HOPEFUL signs, rather than all the doom and gloom. :slight_smile:

If we have to go in May to a situation of VERY LIMITED options as described in this, then we’re all for it. For us, character meet and greets and table service eateries are not important for this trip, for example.

9 Likes

There’s no doubt they’re feverishly (no pun intended) working to devise a way to get paying customers back to the parks as quickly as possible. The company is still alive. I get a daily email from the Disney Careers site with new Orlando area job postings. They’re still hiring.

4 Likes

This would make me so, so happy to be able to continue with our planned trip in May. I would hope (tiny as it is, bc yeah, $$) that reduced services would mean reduced cost for those of us that paid full package price not knowing that we would end up in this world wide situation. It would be a huge bummer to not have the full experience but still have the full cost.

5 Likes

When there is life, there is always hope!

WDW opening with very limited options would be a start towards life more as we know it and I would hope that guests would be grateful. Limited options at WDW would sure beat sheltering in place!

5 Likes

I have no trip in the works, but this article makes me happy. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3 Likes

I wonder what did they do during soft re-openings before? As far as cost goes.

I would have thought they’d limit it to resort guests to start with. It does sound like they want to cake their cake and have it too. They want lots of paying guests, but with half the attraction services.

2 Likes

I’m not cancelling until
They tel me I have tkk

8 Likes

Same

3 Likes

Also I’m not having a stroke. It’s busy here at work and I was rushing. lol

11 Likes

“ Limiting the number of people in indoor queue spaces. This may see the use of virtual queues, similar to the Boarding Groups that were deployed for the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.”

Oh, @Jeff_AZ…you’re going to be super busy…:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The DLR app is already showing a space for “Virtual Queues”

2 Likes

For my family, this is not even remotely appealing. We’re new. We’ve not gone before. Not sure when we’ll go again. Ive said before…if I was a Disney regular, this would probably be ok with me- part of the journey really…part of Disney history- but for us, it’s a BIG vacation we were excited for. Not Sure how my kids will feel about all the rides, so balance with characters and experiences are important for us. I know I need to reschedule. And I will. I’ve still got the hope you’re speaking of, just need to wait a little longer.

8 Likes

I am all about this list if it meant we were somehow able to go before summer hits. I have no hope for our end of April trip, but maybe sometime in May???

This is promising! At this point I would gladly take a reduced perks, reduced capacity trip with parks open than no trip at all. I’d be grateful just to ride some rides and be in the atmosphere of Disney. Presumably with pandemic paranoia and economic uncertainty, they will have trouble filling the parks to capacity even if they wanted to for the next several months.

What is essential to me for this Disney trip (scheduled for end of May / beginning of June):

• Riding some rides (Rise of the Resistance would make me so happy!)
  • Swimming in the pool
  • Eating good food (regardless of whether it’s table service)
  • Being in the parks

Anything else would be icing on the cake, and even these items above I could live without to a degree. A relaxed pace vacation outside would do wonders for my anxiety and morale. My alternative is going to the beach, which I may end up doing anyway.

4 Likes

We’re all on board with a reduced Disney.

We have an end of June trip in the works.

This reduced Disney would be excellent. We never ride or see everything anyway.

2 Likes

I like mobile ordering at all restaurants. Too many QS still don’t have that option.

3 Likes

I had to cancel March 27th trip, but still have an early May trip booked.
If they told me the only things open that week would be the rocking chairs outside the Town Square Theater and the popcorn cart, I would still go!

5 Likes

Just watched DisUnplugged. Another source of hope. They mentioned that Disneyland just dropped room discounts starting mid April.

ETA:. “dropped” as in added, not removed.

4 Likes

I understand. We have been many times, so definitely coming from a different perspective.

1 Like

Like it’s been hinted at already, the brightest silver lining (to me ) to a “restricted” park: seriously low attendance even before they “limit indoor queues”. The pandemic fear playing one part, the “not wanting to pay full price for a not-full experience” being another.

Look at how many people didn’t show because a single ride, ROTR, wasn’t up and running.

3 Likes