Thread D18

I just thought of this. Dude you’re from England. You live in perpetual rain! Why are you worried???

1 Like

And I have a mission for you @profmatt, you are to take a picture of yourself with the seven dwarves. Say hello to Fundin, Gimli, Balin, Thorin, Kili, Dopey and Doc for me ok?

2 Likes

That’s why we don’t want it on holiday! Especially in Florida, the sunshine state!

1 Like

Yup, that makes sense!

1 Like

No magic words here, but please know you are not alone. You have brightened so many lives just by being you and I, for one, thank you for sharing your thoughts and your trips!

2 Likes

Years ago I took a once in a life time trip through Europe. Before I left, I went to watch my friend graduate from Sonoma State. Poor thing was so sick! I felt so bad for her, until I realized she gave it to me! The night before my trip I was huddled under 20+ blankets shivering to death! I woke up in time to grab my bags and grab the super shuttle to SFO, where I flew nonstop to Gatwick. I had thought I broke my fever through the night, but it came back on the plane. I too flew Virgin and the flight attendants took great care of me! They obviously felt bad and kept bringing me screwdrivers, which turned out to be a HUGE mistake. It was the one and only time I have ever needed an air sick bag. I made it through my 25 day trip, but ended up being sick throughout the entire journey. When I got home, I was diagnosed with strep throat and it took two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. Somehow I still managed to have a good time, but I had to pace myself.

I hope that what ever your health issue is, it resolves itself quickly! If it doesn’t, know that you can still enjoy the trip! Years later, my being sick on the trip has served me well as an amusing anecdote.

4 Likes

This! There are times I have to make myself get off forums (this and others) because people get SOOOOOOO negative it brings me down. Don’t let anyone else yuck your yum as we say in this CookShop thing we have to do at school.

3 Likes

I have used this phrase many times as well.

At least in my case, it came out of a very different community. 'nuff said.

3 Likes

We say that at home all.the.time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seen just now

4 Likes