Thread D18

It’s easy to get stuck in a spiral of negativity. I never sleep well the night before I leave for a trip-I can’t imagine how much worse that would be in a strange hotel! There is always a bit of a mixed feelings about vacation-so excited, yet I’ll miss my bed and my cats and normal. My hope for you is that you can get some sleep-even if it’s on the plane! And that you are able to have an amazing time tomorrow riding FoP as many times as possible.

3 Likes

Which day is your party?

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} we’re rooting for you! Do you think you may have some allergies instead of being sick?

2 Likes

Oh Matt - I wish I could give you a big hug! I hope the medication kicks in and the headache releases enough to let you get some sleep. I empathize with the middle of the night worrying. I quote Mark Twain to myself: “I’ve been through some terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened.” Our brains are mean and tend to make us think of the worst outcomes. One step at a time is all you need to do. We are all here for you and wish you the best trip! Hope you feel the support from so many corners of the world! :heart:

5 Likes

I hope the silver lining is that you don’t get enough sleep tonight, conch out on the plane, and wake up as you near the happiest place on Earth. Do your best to push away each negative thought and not worry about anyone else–the beauty of a solo vacation. It really is about you. Hope you feel better asap.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are having a rough night. For me negative thoughts spiraling is pretty normal with depression/anxiety combo…it stinks!! Add that to worry over Calvin and dreading flying you have the perfect storm. This trip got you out of your own head when you were in a bad place…genius! I hope you go, get some rest, and have a wonderful time! There are a lot of us ready to cheer you on as we follow along! Sending good thoughts your way!

1 Like

I find writing to be quite cathartic in helping to resolve all kinds of feelings. I hope it has been helpful to you tonight.

You’re going to have a fantastic trip. And you deserve it. You’ll be better for having taken it.

Sending a hug.

4 Likes

Everything is going to be okay. Take a few deep breaths and maybe try some meditation. I have the same sense of panic the night before the first day of school. I can’t relax enough to sleep and then worry that I’m not sleeping and then it just becomes this bad spiral downward where I play over in my mind all the things that will definitely go wrong the next day. It sounds like to me that you are dress rehearsing disaster. Try not to go to the fear place and just take each moment minute-by-minute. We are all cheering you on!

1 Like

I’ve been somewhat of a lurker on the TP forum since June. But I’ve followed your journey, and I just want to say that I empathize with your struggle. I wish there was something I could say that would be truly helpful. @OBNurseNH is right - you are going to have a fantastic trip. Even if things don’t go as planned. I will say a prayer for you tonight, brother. You have been an inspiration to me.

4 Likes

My hope for you is that you will walk up Main St and all of these feelings will disappear for awhile. You deserve this trip.

1 Like

I’m hoping that because we haven’t heard from you again that you finally fell asleep…

2 Likes

It’s okay to need a break from your life. It’s even okay to need a break from those you love dearly. I know it hurts to hear his coughing, especially since you are a problem solver. You like order. Maybe you need order and when life hands you chaos, it’s a heavy load to find your way back to sanity.

If WDW is where you find your sanity, then that’s where you should be right now. It’s okay.

As for your cold or cold symptoms, that sucks. Watch your ears on your flight if you’re plugged up. If you have something for sinus relief, now’s the time to take it.

As for the party and the rain… so it’s crowded. The whole park is crowded. What’s new? Rain is rain. It sucks, but I hope you have a hat at least?

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Try to relax, if you can. If not, just stick to the plan.

1 Like

Rain or no rain, crowds or no crowds you’ve got this amigo! You deserve this trip and you can afford it. Calvin will be a lot better when you get home! The only thing you need to worry about is feeling better. Have a great trip!

1 Like

It’s now 8am. I got about three hours sleep from 2.30am to 5.30am. I woke up with dry mouth. I forced down two glasses of water and took some tablets and got back to sleep immediately.

I feel better than I did. Not great, but not bad enough to cancel. I’m going to get up, have breakfast and then head to the airport.

Thanks everyone for your support. I really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

You’ve got this @profmatt

Weather predictions are just that…so don’t stress.

And you will totally see the toy soilders! Grab a poncho and an umbrella and enjoy.

I get the struggle. I should be asleep but we’ve had a really awful family issue come up this week and my anxiety and stress is so bonkers, sleep is elusive. Shoot, eating is elusive! Any magical feeling from my return a week ago is gone and I’m struggling with wavering over the pit of dispair.

But I know it’s going to be okay. But I’m taking care of myself by not stressin about Christmas and just letting my mom come in and pick up the slack this year. Because I need to not have a meltdown. If I could run to WDW right now I would…but sadly I just got back and there’s no way I can go!

But I will enjoy your trip report and smile knowing that you are going to have an AMAZING TRIP!!

Have a safe flight, and here’s to all of us with anxiety, depression and stress. We can do this thing called life!!!

5 Likes

You’re going to be ok! And it will be a great trip. I’m glad you managed a bit of sleep.

2 Likes

I haven’t been tuning in lately but just opened this and am so glad that you are feeling better. Not sure I would be of any any help but I am a vet and know how difficult diagnosing a cough can be. It is frustrating but Calvin is likely feeling fine despite the cough.
I’ve been wanting to post an abbreviated trip report but haven’t had a chance. We went to MVMCP and had a magical time! We rode PP, HM, SM, BTRR, WTP all from 6-7:30! Enjoyed the treats as the long lines for them went really fast. The parade and fireworks are amazing. We finished the night zooming through SM queu 4x as it was a walk on. You are going to have a fabulous time!

1 Like

Crazy, but true! I woke up more excited to check on @profmatt status than to check Twitter updates. This is a big deal in my world. @profmatt, I cannot wait for your first report once you have boots on the ground.

3 Likes

One thing…I keep seeing people complaining about how crowded the parks are, how crowded and what a waste MVMCP is. Don’t let this get you down! Stop letting their negativity make you worry so much about the crowds. I have been home a week today and we had a fabulous time. The crowds are always there, I honestly think people expect the parties to be some sort of exclusive evening where there are only a few souls in the park. This is not the case and if you want that, After Hours is a way better use of money, or a private rental of the park, ala Mariah Carey. :rofl:
You will have a wonderful time, rain or not, crowds or not. Hang in there!

4 Likes