Thoughts on MK Day 1 Plan?

Hey all! Looking for some feedback on my MK plan. We have two kids (aged 3 and 6) and I’m wondering if I’m biting off more than we can chew? This is our first trip to WDW and right now I have scheduled another 2 days at MK. We’re going to do the pre-park opening BOG reservation, and then make our way right to PP. We’ll fastpass 7DMT later in the morning. I have us coming back to the park after our break, but if that doesn’t happen for whatever reason, it’s not the end of the world. I guess I’m just wondering how doable this is, or whether I should schedule more breaks, remove some attractions etc.? Thank you!

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2324856

At a glance, it seems doable. Depending on where you’re staying, I do wonder if it’s worth it to come back for a character, a ride and a QS after your break. If at a Monorail resort, sure - if somewhere remote, I’d probably want to do more to justify the trek back although that’s also something you can leave to ad lib based on how you feel and what the kids are up for. I love the MK at night, so doing some stuff then is optimal. Dumbo is great at night since it’s all lit up - could be an ideal repeat if the kids liked it the first go round…

Yes! I think we’d do more than that in the evening if we did come back, but I was figuring we’d just sort of play it by ear rather than try to schedule too much. I figured I’d wait and see what FPs we could get. We’re staying at AKL.

1 Like

I agree - it’s really pretty at night. Actually I like all of New Fantasyland better at night.

I think the plan looks realistic - assuming the predicted wait times are accurate and you can keep the kids “moving with purpose” between the attractions. But I think you may need a bit more time for your meal/snack stops. I’ve never seen a zero wait at Gaston’s; any time I’ve been there it’s been at least 10-15 minutes. If you’ve never been to BOG and want some time to look around the “castle”, I think 30 min is a bit short. Likewise, I think 20 min to wait to order and eat at the Village Haus may be a bit optimistic - especially at prime lunch time. It’s interesting that the other 2 QSs show zero waits during popular eating times and Sleepy Hollow shows a 30 min wait at an “off” time. It looks like 2 of you will try to do M&Gs while the other 2 are riding HM; you might be able to do one M&G in 21 min, but doubtful you could fit both in.

Great! Thanks for the feedback! Good to know about Gaston’s and the Village Haus, I’ll add some time there. Our BOG reservation is for 8:20, but I’m actually planning for us to be there for 8:00 and I’m hoping we’ll get seated right away so it should be more like 45-50 minutes.

FYI - for BOG breakfast it is seat yourself - you do order/check-in though, but you can pre-order online which is highly recommended to reduce your wait time for the check-in process and to get your food…

1 Like

I’d say go for it but stay flexible. If you get behind then skip a ride and hope to make it back later. I also use “very relaxed” walking to add some addition time for distractions / potty breaks. While you are there use the Lines app to find short lines and maybe make some on-the-fly adjustments.

1 Like

I would move Enchanted Tales with Belle before you go to Gaston’s. You might be late for your fastpass time!! I also agree that you should put more time for meal/ snacks.
I personally would not want to leave the park and come back for a few hours. I would schedule your day until 2 or 3 but it depends on your family, of course.

1 Like