Thoughts on Bay Lake Tower (Need Help)

I’m currently booked at CBR for my 40th birthday trip. I contacted DVCstore to see about other options and the only thing they had for my dates is Bay Lake Tower lake view for $2,052.00 (that’s for 5 nights) Now this seems like a great deal but I really know nothing about BLT or renting points. Any thoughts or suggestions I’m open to hearing them. I had maybe planned on upgrading to an Epcot area resort if a discount came out. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Bay Lake will allow you to walk to Magic Kingdom. There are a variety of food options (unlike some other resorts).

You can use the Touring Plans room finder to request a room with a magic kingdom view.

2 Likes

We’ve rented points for BLT a couple of times - always lake view but we’ve always overlooked the MK. Look on the room finder, there are a bunch of comments about which rooms to request.
I’ve liked the rooms there, but I know some people find them “un-magical” because they’re more modern. (think standard hotel vs ultra-themed)

Like PrincipalTinker said, the walk to MK is great! But if you’re going to spend more time at HS or EP, then an Epcot area resort might be a better choice.

3 Likes

The biggest thing in your post is that you say you know nothing about renting.

Recent events have shown that renting points carries risks. Specifically you cannot change your dates or resort or cancel. You need to be absolutely sure of your trip before you book. Make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully.

The other thing I would say is that studios at Bay Lake Tower are the smallest of all DVC resorts. Fine for two of you, but if you need the sofa bed open there isn’t a lot of room.

3 Likes

I love the idea of being in walking distance to MK but I’m worried I’m going to miss the Epcot area. Anyone love staying at BLT? Do you find it easy to get to the other parks? Is the pool area nice. We’ll definitely need a pool bar :crazy_face:

Thanks @PrincipalTinker @emcglone @Nicky_S for your replies!

I stayed at BLT last August in a lake view studio with my son and his girlfriend. I know a lot of people don’t care for the studios since they are small, but I am a CC owner, so I guess small studios “are my thing”:grinning:. I love the kitchen area. We are at Cali Grill, the Wave and Mobil ordered from our room.

My son and his girlfriend even played a little basketball.

I have stayed at most deluxe/dvc resorts. My son and his girlfriend rank it #2 (CC will always be #1 for us).

You will have a blast!

3 Likes

We love BLT and have stayed there our past 2 trips (and were booked there for next month until we canceled due to Covid-19).

The best part is the short walk to MK. Note - we have 2 kids under 5 years old so spend a lot of time at MK. We took the Monorail to Epcot and Minivans to DHS and AK.

We also like having quick access to the restaurants at the Contemporary.

We enjoy the pool but with young kids out pool needs are.different than those traveling with older kids or only adults.

1 Like

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at BLT but it was several years ago. There were 8 of us and we loved it since it had a 3rd bathroom which was very convenient. Pool was large and zero entry from what I recall. We loved the location and the views. It’s a short walk to MK and we took the monorail to EP. I’d definitely stay there again.

2 Likes

BLT is our home resort. We love it. Several times our lake view room has also had a MK view.
Walking to the MK is so fabulous. And being able to take the monorail to the Poly and the GF adds more dining options (and the chance to see other resorts).
The pool is nice (not the best Disney pool). My DS really likes the slide. And there is bar and a hot tub. It’s also a short walk over the pool at the Contemporary.
I do enjoy Top of the World lounge, but it isn’t open at the moment.

2 Likes

That view is amazing!

Getting to MK is the most stressful for me so I love that you can just walk over. Its just my husband and I this trip. Keeping our 3 girls home. Mama needs a break!! :joy: I’m still deciding what to do but I am leaning towards BLT.

1 Like

Nice! A 2 bedroom sounds amazing. You can’t beat the location that’s for sure! :smiley:

I like all the dining options. I haven’t really been keeping up so I don’t know what’s open. One of my concerns is how small the room looks. Its just myself and my husband but the room is lacking some appeal. It doesn’t seem bad by any means just not as nice as I thought it should be. If I stay at BLT I really hope fireworks are back. Then I wouldn’t care about any of that.
Love that there’s a bar and hot. That’s really all my husband cares about. :rofl:

1 Like

There’s a lot of dining open at the Contemporary–CG, The Wave, Chef Mickey’s (without characters), Contempo Cafe.
The BLT studios are small–they are the smallest of any of the DVC studios. With just the two of you though, it wouldn’t be bad.

1 Like

I think CC is actually, on paper, a tiny bit smaller?

2 Likes

The menu is definitely reduced.

1 Like