This week’s Disney Dish

Yup! I also wonder about the IT aspect of all the various programs. Does WDW have in-park IT to help people navigate all this, or maybe they will just use GS? I can’t even imagine my 65 year old mom trying to figure this all out.

2 Likes

Thank you for the summary! Now to (im)patiently wait for these announcements so we can figure out extended Dec family trip…

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. Lightning Lane may be pretty reasonable for on-site guests, so hopefully there is a limit.

In any case, since most guests stay off-site that will help a lot since there are no free FPP anymore for EVERYONE.

1 Like

We go the week after Thanksgiving to use up non-refundable tickets from 2020. So glad this will be our last trip for a very long time, if ever. I want to go on a vacation not a pay to play scheme.

8 Likes

I was listening to a different podcast last week and they pointed out that these extra costs could be an opening to upcharge AP holders. If you have paid for your tickets 6 months ago, maybe $75 per person or more wouldn’t seem so bad?

I’m staying on-site. I don’t pay for fast pass type tickets at any amusement park. I paid an expensive entry fee to get in, so that should be enough to get on the attractions.

6 Likes

Other amusement parks up charge season passholders at their parks for their fastpasses, so I could see that.

1 Like

If they are announcing it all this month, I wonder if any of it would be in place for 10/1.

While part of me would love to be able to have some relief from 100% stand by lines, nothing will be running smoothly by 10/1 and I want no part of that mess.

Our first trip to DL/DCA overlapped w/ the debut of MaxPass on our last day. Even though we could still use the paper passes…it was a mess, and far too much confusion. Our second trip MaxPass was wonderful but that transition was not fun.

3 Likes

The blurred texts, twsss, and now trolling BGK… what has gotten into you??? LOL Sweet wholesome accountant… nope!

5 Likes

Man, that is a gamble. What about a family of 4 or more? I just cannot see us paying $200 to ride ROTR. But we also stay deluxe most of the time and I feel like I have already paid so much money to just stay close to the parks. To then have to pay for quicker access to the rides in the park seems a bit much. I know they have extra evening hours for deluxe resorts, but my kids are 6. No way in heck we are staying in the parks until 11 or 12. Plus we will have to pay for transport to the resorts, pay for magic bands (maybe, it depends), etc. and it really starts adding up.

4 Likes

It all began with his role in election fraud (the Best QS poll)

7 Likes

Oh yeah… add it to the list!

Boo :ghost:

5 Likes

oh, good point and telling someone it’s your fault b/c you didn’t do it correctly isn’t help :wink: (someone on a trip report had a CM tell her that after her group wouldn’t load for RotR BG attempt).

3 Likes

I looove that movie!

1 Like

Yeah no.

2 Likes

I am starting to believe that Disney does not see this as a problem anymore. We have reached park capacity and are getting overcrowded complaints from all over the place. How can we reduce the number of people in the park and charge more for it? This seems to check all those boxes.

See above. They are looking to thin out the herd.

3 Likes

At that price it will sell out in an hour is my prediction.

So people will try to get a BG, assuming that option still persists.

if they don’t, and assuming you have to be in the park to buy one, they will flock to DHS and promptly buy one. And by 30-60 minutes after park opening they’ll all be gone.

Two thoughts occur to me.

First, ROTR is kinda cool but it’s really not that amazing. There’s a whiff of FEA / PP herd-mentality about it.

Second, but people do pay nearly $100 for HEA dessert parties. But then HEA really is that amazing. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. And I’m traumatised I’ll never see it again. ROTR? Meh.

5 Likes