This week’s Disney Dish

Advantage: Liners. :wink:

6 Likes

Complexity is a subsidy. The more complex you make the rules, the more you reward people with the cognitive, material, or social resources necessary to get around them.

5 Likes

are you suggesting they are trying to weed out the weak minded :thinking: That wouldn’t be a good look for Disney :grimacing:

2 Likes

I hope they are wrong about Remy’s being a boarding group queue. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Agreed, except for the paying for it part.

1 Like

Why?

I actually really like the boarding group thing

2 Likes

BG’s work great, but only for the folks who manage to secure one. :laughing: For those who only have one day planned at a park, the BG thing really messes that up. I don’t see myself doing multiple days at Epcot just to ride Remy’s. There’s just not enough to do there for that. IMO.
Do they really think Remy’s will be as popular as ROTR? Gah, I hope not. I think it will be on par with SDMT, MMRR and SDD.

3 Likes

hmmm… RotT is a 22-25 min ride? How long is MMRR? I think Remy will be on par w/ MMRR. @sanstitre_has_left_the_building has been on Remy and can tell us more.

1 Like

Remy is five minutes at most.

2 Likes

So requiring a BG seems a bit much for a 5 min ride :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I predict they will use a BG for like 2 weeks and then it will be easy enough to get one so they will drop it and use standby line.

1 Like

Someone choosing, either through deliberate or inattentive action, to design complexity into the process of entering a line at a [redacted]ing amusement park ride should re-evaluate his or her life choices. If the former, it’s strong evidence that such a person is a misanthrope, if not an outright sadist. If the latter, it shows one is over-enamored with one’s own personal galaxy brane and the thought product thereof.

4 Likes

I came here for this exact discussion. I was screaming in my car “SEVEN OPTIONS?!?!” I never minded the planning of a Disney vacation because much of it was done by the time I boarded my plane. I dropped my bags at the airline check-in, and viola - they would show up in my room later that day. I din’t have to worry how I would get to my resort, b/c of DME. I didn’t have to reserve a park for each day, I could go where I wanted. I didn’t have to wake up early and watch a clock to try and get a BG. I didn’t have to do much of anything once I was on the plane. But that is changing and I am not sure many people want to work so hard on a vacation, myself included.

9 Likes

even w/o the extra work, you need a vacation from a Disney vacation when it’s done b/c you’re exhausted after :rofl:

4 Likes

Apparently the thing to be caught up on is the survey and the floppy disks, not the actual content surrounding the options that may come to be :laughing:

4 Likes

As I’m too busy stapling my lower lip to my desk to listen to this gasfest, can you Scupper™ for me?

I didn’t actually hear that part but I believe it is referenced up-thread. Look for a post by JJT

Oh. I thought it was another reference I was too old or uninformed to get.

Given the number of chuckleheads that believe the vinyl LP is the medium that most faithfully reproduces music, I’m surprised there’s not an overlapping group advocating software delivery on artisianally-produced 5 1/4" floppy disks.

4 Likes

3 Likes

TWSS?

But I mean nah even I can’t say that blurred

5 Likes