This week’s Disney Dish

Oh. I thought it was another reference I was too old or uninformed to get.

Given the number of chuckleheads that believe the vinyl LP is the medium that most faithfully reproduces music, I’m surprised there’s not an overlapping group advocating software delivery on artisianally-produced 5 1/4" floppy disks.

4 Likes

3 Likes

TWSS?

But I mean nah even I can’t say that blurred

5 Likes

This is me cleverly using a twist on @BGK’s signature meme against him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah that part I got too

But the 12yo in me couldn’t not capture the TWSS moment too (and the other part left unsaid)

2 Likes

OK, so this is what Len talked about on the podcast after getting inside information. At least some of these will be announced this month. Going into effect sometime after October 1st.

• Traditional Stand-by Queue will still exist on most rides

• Stand-by Pass (Virtual Queue with time windows)
    –will be available when an attraction queue is maxed out

• Boarding Groups
    –joining ROTR, Remy’s will open with this Virtual Queue system

• Lightning Lane (like Premier Access)
    –Like $ FPP with a time window

• Lightning Lane Plus
    –Instant Access $$

• Genie App (free version)
    –tells you when rides you like have lower waits

• Genie Plus
    –Optimized Touring Plans $$

14 Likes

Thanks for the bulleted summary!

1 Like

I was just about to go back and re-listen to this part to write it all down, thank you for saving me time!!

4 Likes

I’m going to say it again - I like this in theory. If this free Standby Pass works well, it could be an acceptable alternative to FPP to me. I’m happy to wait less than 30 minutes standby for most rides. Whether Standby Pass is a success will depend on how long the line is when they initiate it and how many lines end up being stuck in purgatory between 30-60 minutes, but not opening up Standby Pass. Also, if there are rides that have no Standby Pass but DO have paid options (which it appears was the case with Crush at DLP last week?), I will be quite irked.

The paid stuff being there as a backup is fine, but I only plan to use it in extreme circumstances (last day of my trip and I never got to ride Space Mountain, etc.).

4 Likes

Just to be clear, the TWSS implication was intentional.

1 Like

Buuuuuuuut given the goal of “MAKE ALL THE MONEY! CHARGE THEM FOR ALL THE THINGS!”
I don’t expect this to be super efficient or why would you pay for anything else

2 Likes

I take it as…when Stand-by Pass is initiated, it means that crowds are on the heavy side. Um…so no, not liking! Pretty certain it would still be a 30-60+ minute wait.

1 Like

I don’t typically care what crowds are if they staff to the crowds and my experience is still good.

What I care about is standing in line for 60-90 minutes (worse in the hot hot sun) when I could be sitting somewhere and enjoying a snack/drink or shopping or just taking it in.

Bring on the crowds — but bring on the appropriate staffing matrix and open enough experiences/shopping/dining to handle them. They can still make money hand over fist if they want to but they have to be willing to part with some money to improve the guest experience

11 Likes

Yeah no.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Len or Jim made basically this same point. Their basic point was make it complicated so that people just end up throwing money at a problem they don’t want to solve. I can totally see this as the solution that a lot of people take.

7 Likes

I think it all depends if others are constantly flowing into the Lightning Lane.

But they add that ppl will complain about how much it cost and not only wont’ return but will spread the word about how bad the parks are. Hill said something like, “when you have a good experience you tell 3 friends, but when it’s bad you tell 7…”

5 Likes

I think it’s expensive enough that most people won’t use this and so it won’t have nearly the impact of FPP. Just a hunch.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yup, all short term gain, long term loss

2 Likes