This was an entertaining read - A Disney fan complaining about the park's "wokeness"

If it’s the same as the one on Twitter, agreed!

3 Likes

:scream: Knowing in 2019 what you missed (by choice!) in 1992, did you begin to question all of your life decisions?!

2 Likes

We didn’t know what it was but we thought it was a once in a lifetime trip - my parents and us 3 kids - so we wanted to ride. The first time we only waited about 20 mins I think, but the second time was 3 hours!! We thought it was worth it.

1 Like

I’m actually looking forward to seeing all the changes to POTC and other attractions when we come in June!! (25th anniversary, we went to WDW on our honeymoon). We saw some changes in DL when we went 15 years ago or so but haven’t been to WDW since 1996. Now if I was going to complain about a change to WDW it would be…

bring the ADVENTURERS CLUB BACK!!!

4 Likes

Uh Maui! You’re welcome!!!

1 Like

Didn’t realize flagging something would be so controversial. Wasn’t trying to hide behind something. I just thought what you and Amanda had both said were too aggressive.

To explain and hopefully clear things up, I am not in agreement with the article. I’m perfectly fine with the ride changes and have zero opinion over the looser rules on costumes. Makes no difference to me who has earrings or tattooes. As other mentioned, as long as it doesn’t go crazy where Cinderella has red hair and a Mike Tyson tattoo, but that’s just a joke, I don’t really think it would go that far so not something to worry about.

I didn’t like the Ark Encounter comment and took it to make things Christian vs nonChristian when I didn’t think the article was coming from that perspective at all. I also didn’t like Amanda’s comment about white males. I think we can bash the writer without generalizing.

I’ll take back the flags, it was just my initial reaction. I didn’t explain in comment as I knew my opinion would get run over here like it likely will now.

9 Likes

If you think someone has crossed a line it is up to you. You can flag the post, you can say “hey, what’s that about” or you can reach out to them personally.

I hope everyone here would respect your right to share your concern.

9 Likes

I for one appreciate you explaining your viewpoint. It takes a lot of courage to do that when you’re expecting backlash.

14 Likes

Not really. The ride is very wet and my family isn’t a fan of those kinds of rides. So, when I went with @alpha_foxtrot and our kids, I was the one who got soaking wet. Everyone else stayed mostly dry.

I’m glad we went and I’ll probably be able to get the kids to do it again. I might even be able to get @alpha_foxtrot to ride if she isn’t paying attention.

2 Likes

So, other than being lost in the Disney complaint swamp to never be heard from again…
I want to lodge a real complaint here and say Donald and friends need to be back at the Three Caballeros. All the technology Disney has, and we have cardboard pictures. (Last I knew of, anyway.)
Would the paper print my opinion piece to be picked up and turned into viral forum fodder?

9 Likes

I don’t like getting wet either (on rides). At DLR, the solution is to do the single-rider line. You’re always in the back and the back gets very little water compared to the front.

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I have a lot of respect for you to come and say “This is what I didn’t like about your comment.” This leads to a productive discussion.

11 Likes

I think I remember the author of the opinion piece identifing as conservative, Christian and so the Ark comment was a correlation. I’m trying to figure out how to word this without being offensive to anyone. I forgot that there are religious themed parks in the Orlando area.

3 Likes

Yeah, but we didn’t authorize him to speak on behalf of all Christians. (Unless I missed a meeting or something…) :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Also, I am a Christian, but the Ark place is very off-putting for me. YMMV

4 Likes

It is

1 Like

I love love love your comments @amvanhoose_701479 & @Julianne_fki. Missed a meeting bwahahaha.

4 Likes

For the record, I flagged a couple posts too. I thought it was an appropriate tool to use, as I thought some things crossed a line and were offensive, but I also didn’t want to start a big fight with counter comments, and I have experience with that. Mainly just commenting now so @ericlr90 doesn’t feel alone.

I do happen to agree with parts of the article, and hope I’m still welcome here despite that, but I’m not so sure based on a lot of those comments.

18 Likes

I have erased this post at least five times. I think we all know this community has members that feel differently on almost all subjects but some more than others. I appreciate that although you may have strong feelings you didn’t want to start a fight.

You are always welcome here.

13 Likes