This thread will get me banned

What? I was lying. Of course I’m judging you. You are terrible people. You go to a world-class theme park and then ride not just the worst ride in the park, but the worst ride in any park anywhere in the world ever. What kind of a person does that? Clue: a terrible person.

You should drink disgusting tea. It’s all you deserve.

5 Likes

This IS one of my nighttime activities…:thinking:

So FJ will be comforting and familiar to you. Much like ET is to some people.

1 Like

:scream:

What on earth? Who makes tea like that?

1 Like

The first time I went on Forbidden Journey, I took the regular queue (~30 minutes) and was just amazed at everything. OMG, I am in Hogwarts!!! It was my very first ride at UOR.

Then I took the Single Rider queue (~5 minutes) and went 4 times back to back. In the end I was finding the plot senseless, the ending really cringy and the ride itself nauseating, but I mostly blame myself.

Gringotts also lost its appeal in the 4th time back-to-back (at an event, so I didn’t even left the ride). I have this issue of repeating the same ride until it stops being fun, and I seem incapable of stopping earlier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (it took seven times for EE to get boring).

1 Like

I don’t know about THAT tea, but the milk first was based on a scientific study. Essentially, if you pour the milk into the hot tea, it will burn/scald the milk. So for better tea, the milk should go in first.

1 Like

Correct.

I do that with music. I listen to the same track over and over again until I can’t stand it any more.

If you ride EE more than once in a single outing, you will die.

Hm. Apparently I’m a ghost, then. We did EE one year ten times in a row.

1 Like

That’s a sign of a great coaster! American Eagle at Six Flags Great America is one I would have gladly ridden all day.

1 Like

Did it start to feel really slow by the 5th time? It went from being a super intense ride to being boringly slow after too many repeats.

On our one and only trip to WDW (2012), my daughter (then age 11 almost 12) rode EE 7 times in 1-1/2 days. She was assisted in this endeavor with rider swap since her little sis (age 9) would not ride. No one else in our party rode it more than 4 or 5. We all loved it … except for little sis. EE is a large reason why I would maybe put AK as my favorite WDW park.

I honestly can’t recall. It was many many years ago, and it was the end of the day. There was literally zero line, so we just kept hopping on it over and over. They didn’t even make us go all the way around, but still had to get off and then cut over to the entrance because there would be a trickle of 1 or 2 others.

I always loved low crowd times at Six Flags when they would just let us stay on the ride if nobody was waiting for your seat. And you could just hop over to a different seat without leaving the load area if someone was waiting for your seat.

2 Likes

Worked at Ops (rides) for Six Flags for a number of years. It always made me so mad when an uptight Lead (manager) would scream at us for doing this. (They HAVE to go around!!) :roll_eyes:

I get it… they need to get accurate throughput numbers. However, there were times when we wouldn’t run a ride for 20 minutes or more. The four people wanting repeats aren’t going to make any statistical difference. (Especially, in the mornings, if you were at a ride in the back of the park where it takes a while for the crowd to migrate there or at an “extreme” ride that most ppl are too terrified to go on.)

2 Likes

They had people in charge? I only ever saw the college/ high school student ride operators!

@heidelj

Yeah… like I said my Leads!! Seriously though, there are plenty of full-time adults (30+) that work in the parks in those positions. However, like most “managers” they tend to hide in an office or A/C controlled space and make the kids work! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wake up and smell the virus! What about 5000 new cases a day do you all not understand? Sorry, Mickey or no Mickey is it worth the risk to you and yours. This virus is NO joke! it is killing people especially older people. Step back and wait for a vaccine and stay alive.

1 Like

My two cents on the tea/coffee/whiskey… Go for the whiskey straight outta the bottle and then it won’t matter what caffeine source you reach for after. Oh, and hope that someone else you’re in quarantine with hasn’t beaten you to it and already replaced the bottle contents with watered down tea.:laughing:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! An excellent choice for your first thread to comment on!

My kids and husband did this with Splash one night on our first trip to WDW (riding over and over b/c there was no line late at night). It’s absolutely one of the favorite memories of WDW. I wasn’t with them b/c I don’t like getting wet and especially not at night.