This is very embarrasing... no park reservations... -> we are going, I think!

I used my phone alone during my 24 hour trip in October. I was nervous but it worked really well and got me on my one ride with a photo

I think I might order fresh magic bands. Ours are almost 2 years old and I think they might not work with photopass anymore and I don’t trust phones. It wouldn’t be a big deal but when you pay $160 or whatever it is you should get your ride photos. Even with the magic bands it’s hit or miss and you end up with other people instead of you or nothing. But I hate Universals system more because there was a long line at the end of rides for photos. I didn’t want to pay $100+ and then stand in 20 min lines for photos every ride. It really made me mad honestly. So I’ll take the intermittent magic band thing over that. One for Disney here.

1 Like

We used old (July of 2018) and new bands in October and didn’t have any issues w/ PhotoPass. I have a nice Small World decale on my 2018 band, I may get a new one of the same color and swap the centers out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats pretty impressive if they worked at 3+ years! Should’ve brought ours, but oh well. Picked up cards today at Poly!

I know this is off topic…were you the one that got a La Hacienda de San Angel table recently for Harmonious? I just scored an 8pm dinner with my MouseDining. I saw IllumiNations from here years ago and it was great but is the new show good from here too if it was you?

Yes!

We were there the first weekend of October.

They don’t have a fireworks package. When I checked in I said that I knew that there weren’t any guarantees, but we would really appreciate a table that had a good view of the fireworks. I apparently hit the right tone (or someone had recently insisted??), because the CM thanked me for graciously asking and the led us to a table right up against the window!

It was one of the best meals of the trip… which we weren’t expecting as it was picked for the view, not the menu!

We couldn’t see the projections in the center of the circle, but had an excellent view of all the rest of them.

9 Likes

Nice, I’d prefer comfort and not dealing with crowds than seeing the center of the circle. That looks good to me and sounds similar to my IllumiNations experience. We also politely asked for a view of the fireworks if a table was available and said we would be willing to wait longer if it was possible and they gave us a window table as well. I also liked the food there and I’m a Texan so Mexican is something I’m pretty picky about!

4 Likes