This is NOT a live trip report (9/14 - 9/22, Pop & BWI)

As someone with small children, I appreciate this perspective. As tempting as this cruise would be for me, watching others crazy toddlers would be a nope for me.

I also enjoy your writing, so thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you for this review. I (very briefly) looked at all of the dessert party options at MK thinking of doing one as a surprise for my sis on Marathon Weekend. I decided to pass. Your review reinforces my decision, at least for this one. I’ve never been particularly impressed by almost ANY dessert at WDW (toffee thing at LTT, bread pudding at Ohana, and hummingbird cake at Homecoming being standout exceptions) so paying to have a whole bunch of unimpressive desserts (and reserved seating) is unappealing.

But of all the things that disturb me about your review, this is perhaps the most upsetting

EAT THEM!!! THEY WERE MEANT TO BE EATEN!!! THEY SHOULD NOT SIT ON A DESK IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest I also want to say I’m so glad for the magic and that no kids died on your trip LOL And that I wish I was surprised by the lack of coordination at the end of the night regarding transportation but I’m super glad it worked out in your favor in the end.

7 Likes

Um, I don’t know if you noticed the title of this thread, but OP never promised “Live”. In fact OP specifically said this is “NOT LIVE”.

So wicked cool about the SpaceX launch! I saw a rocket launch from the ferry from MK to TTC. Though nobody on the ferry were well informed about that there was a rocket launch (self included) and given the climate of the world at that time we were all briefly worried until I located the lauch schedule on my phone. And then it was super cool!

6 Likes

Oh, trust me, I Ate The Peanut M&M’s! This is my favorite vacation candy. It somehow reminds me of early 1970’s beach vacations, sunscreen, swimsuits, and good times for all. :grin:

6 Likes

That’s so cool!

1 Like

My mom got creative when my brother had a son so it goes my favorite eldest grandchild, my favorite granddaughter and my favorite youngest grandchild lol. I do this too in telling them they are both my favorite. It’s a tie. ;-).

3 Likes

If anyone’s interested, one of the vloggers who was on the same Ferrytale Fireworks cruise that we were on has posted his version of a review.

Spoiler: He enjoyed it a great deal more than I did.

6 Likes

I can hear kids in the background. and I didn’t realize there are two different ways to do a Fairytale Cruise: That big boat (less expensive) or a smaller vessel and more expensive. It’s nice to have choices.

It has been 15 years since we did a regular fireworks cruise in a pontoon, but we will definitely do that again instead of the big ferry experience. For the MK fireworks, the pontoons are in front of the island. The ferry is way back behind the island in Seven Seas Lagoon. The view was just miniscule.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the information!

1 Like

He is the only blogger I follow. I just love his positivity and you can tell he’s really such a fan and not just working the angles you know.

5 Likes

He’s sweet and tends to be enthusiastic about most things.

4 Likes

He really does have a lovely attitude and seems to not let the little things get him down. He was also very nice to people who approached him.

5 Likes

He’s seems very nice. I’ve watched a few of his Vlogs before too. He has a sweet personality.

3 Likes

I was having lunch at Tony’s and asked for a seat on the patio. Was told they couldn’t guarantee it due to Covid and limited number of tables. I told them I didn’t mind waiting. Second time around they again tried to seat me inside. I said no - I will wait. I overheard Mr. Morrow having a similar conversation with the hostess as he also wanted to be seated outside. Long story short, I enjoyed my patio view while he dined inside. Said to myself - he’s nicer than me. :laughing:

6 Likes

He does just seem so incredibly nice. And real nice, genuine nice. He got me through some of the most depressing times early in the pandemic. He is the blogger/vlogger/Dis Internet personality I’d most like to meet in the parks.

6 Likes

Did you watch his about me vlog? I thought it was interesting to hear his story And also brought context on why he is so positive.

3 Likes

I’ve watched some of his vlogs too and they are becoming my favorite :heart_eyes: just love his positivity!
Did you talk with him at all? He seems like he would be very kind to meet in person.

3 Likes

I did not talk to him. I am a pretty big introvert. He does seem very nice!

1 Like

Day 5 was Sunday, September 19th. We woke early, and Wesley got breakfast sandwiches from the Boardwalk Bakery. They were OK, but the Everything Everything would have benefited from bacon, and the Butter Butter needed more warming. The scrambled eggs were cold in the middle. Refrigerated cold. So… yeah. The Bakery’s cappuccino is a good substitute for coffee. (But it’s not real cappuccino, so don’t have high expectations.)

Off to the bus stop, off to the MK, and we were early enough for rope drop but too old to actually do that. We sat on a wall in the shade with a bunch of other older couples. After the initial rush, we sauntered to HM, only to find it not-yet-open. Up to PP, which already had a mean line. Kept going 'til we hit Mickey’s Philharmagic, where we were treated to a command performance for just us two! Best seats in the house! I love that show. Back in my day, there was never a wait less than 20 minutes for it. LOL!

The gift shop is no longer Donald-Duck-centric, which makes me sad, but Wesley bought his ears there: Pixar ball ears! He wore them for the rest of the trip.

We backtracked to HM with a 5-or-7 minute line, and then visited the pretty Tangled rest area before heading up the hill to IASW. I was distressed at all the empty spots indicating broken/removed dolls. Also – scummy walls at the waterline. Ew.

Off to Pooh after that – perhaps the longest line we withstood! I like the interactive stuff. Wish that had existed when my children were little!

The Mad Tea Party was worth a ten-minute wait in the shade, and Wesley says the cup is easier to spin now. Fun!!! I made him stop spinning it so fast, but then that was too slow, so I asked him to spin it fast again. This is an old favorite, and I caught Wesley really, truly, genuinely smiling. Sniffle!

We paused at a gift shop in Tomorrowland but didn’t buy anything, and then we walked on at Buzz. Still no high score for me! I used to get great scores. Hm. Maybe that’s how I got tendonitis?!

Now it was lunch time and we had passed all the places that I had planned to snack at. Happily, we both confessed a desire to return to Casey’s, so we got corn dog nuggets this time and dang, those are good!

After lunch, I dragged Wesley over to Adventureland for a Dole Whip. There was some confusion in the line. And frankly, I don’t remember going over there behind the camels to get Dole Whips; could’ve sworn they were closer to the Adventureland gate, but whatever, I’m old, stuff changes. But not Dole Whip! That’s eternal! I like the pineapple-and-vanilla-soft-serve-swirl float on pineapple juice, and man, it really hits the spot on a muggy, miserable, hot afternoon.

It was by then too hot to do anything else and the wait for the Peoplemover was too long for my patience. (Or total lack thereof.) So we left the Magic Kingdom. One show, four rides, lunch, a Dole Whip, and I was toast. ROFL at my intention to get 7-8 attractions done before noon! Now I miss the old Fastpass.

Did some laundry, took a nap, lost a Spiderman t-shirt in the laundry room, and soon we headed over to Epcot for some more Food and Wining. First stop was France, where it was raining, so we took refuge in the shops. Finally found a shot glass for a friend! Ooh’ed and ahh’ed over can-can inspired ears!

The rain passed very quickly, so we went out and started wining. First up: France! Of course. Got the coq au vin and the escargot croissant, both very tasty. Wesley got us each our own peach bellini. A very good friend of mine loves the Gran Marnier slushy, but Wesley wanted the bellini, so that’s what we drank. Kungaloosh! Oh, wait, that’s a different drink. (And bar.)

Next up: Greece! Spanikopita and lamb moussaka! Both very good! Can’t remember the beverage, so it must have been OK.

Japan was next, a flop. I didn’t like the shrimp tempura sando or the teriyaki chicken bao bun. :stuck_out_tongue: I took the shrimp off the sandwich and it was OK – it would’ve been better if it had been hot.

Off to Germany, where we had a doughy, gluey noodle thing. But the CM at the booth was the best!!! Oh, the longer I get away from this trip, the more fondly I think of that lovely young man. We joked about the winos at the Food & Wine Festival trying to pronounce the names of foreign dishes, giving up and just getting some beer or wine or whatever. I wish I had gotten his name; I would’ve written about him to Guest Services. He was just so nice.

After Germany, we checked the guide one more time and decided we were full. We started up the other side of the World Showcase, stopping here and there. I didn’t feel completely awesome at the time. It turned out – this was not the first time, so it wasn’t a big surprise or mystery, and I have a really high tolerance for pain – I was dealing with kidney stones. Fun, right? I’ve been sicker in WDW. Kidney stones are nothin’. I did make a thorough tour of every single ladies’ room on that side of the World Showcase, though. They’re so much nicer than they were 15 years ago! Especially Norway. Whew!!!

(Also the restrooms at the old Odyssey building – there’s something else there now, but the bathrooms are nearly the same!)

So we slowly made our way to the Land where we rode Soarin’ one last time. Sniffle! Another nice thing – a little girl complimented me on my Alice in Wonderland swing-top-with-handkerchief-hem which I got from Torrid in July and held onto for just this occasion. Thank you, nice little girl! You made my day!!!

After Soarin’, we continued the grand restroom tour on our way to Canada, where we sat on a bench for a while and then moved to the top of the stairs for the fireworks.

I was so underwhelmed. Nothing compares to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!

We sat for a bit and let the crowd thin out, then we started walking back to the Boardwalk (by way of the ladies’ room in England, where a crazy lady was shrieking at her daughter not to touch anything because it was filthy in there, but it wasn’t filthy at all, and I felt so bad for the CM who was standing right there cleaning up after all of us slobby tourists). Just before the IG, I sat on a bench for a breather, and the kidney stone stopped bothering me so much while we were sitting there. We practically ran back to the Boardwalk from there, it was such a relief to feel like a normal human being! LOL – Y’all who’ve had a kidney stone know what I’m talkin’ about, right?

My sister has made a bunch of jokes about how the kidney stone had to go “tink” when it passed later that night, so I’ll just stop here. We’re more than halfway through the trip! Woo hoo!!!

9 Likes