This DVC business

You get a discount on Annual Passes though that of course just makes you want to go all the time (“Well, it’s basically free. I just use points and the more I go the less per time the AP cost me.” So dangerous)

OK, so I get how that works for you. I don’t see anything similar working for me.

UK package prices are MUCH better than US package prices. You get tickets and hotel at a much better discount from what I’ve seen.

Personally - I have not bought DCV because for where my family and I like to stay (BCV, one bedroom) and when (mid-August), we’ve gotten a pretty decent deal on packages. As a result, I don’t think there’s a cost savings for us by buying DCV.

1 Like

Well, that was 10 days in a 1 bedroom. If you multiply that by 36.5, you can just live there year-round. For only a little over $1mil upfront and $73,000/yr.

1 Like

That’s the kind of thing I’d do if I won the lottery.

Actually, I bet you can’t. First off, I bet booking it would be impossible. And I bet it’s against the terms and conditions.

You still probably shouldn’t do it. Unless you meant buying enough points for 10 days per year. Just buy a place at Golden Oaks and be done with it. Do they get on-site park benefits? Seems like they probably should.

Isn’t part of the thrill of WDW that you’re not there very often? Isn’t it like Christmas every day if you are, i.e. boring.

You could plan trips to the other parks outside Orlando

I also think that the amazing deals you get being a UK resident makes it less enticing.

For me, I have decided to focus more on multiple short trips. I know that is something that would not work for you. Before I retire, I am paying cash for a series of smaller contracts with the same use year. I can bundle them at 7 months if something is available , or for a trip to Hawaii. Although the dues increase it allows me to plan my retirement budget - at least a little. The gold AP is important to me right now, although I know there is no guarantee it will always be available . I have put my son’s name on all of DVC and I will continue to do that. I hope to have enough points that he will be able to pay the annual dues by renting some of the points. I also hope he will have years to enjoy it after I am gone (unless I buy additional 22 year contracts- but that is just silly )

1 Like

This is true.

As I understand it, availability goes first in studios, then 2BR then 1BR are usually the last to go

I beg to differ. I was just looking at studios last night (or was it the night before) for end of April and saw PLENTY of studio availability across most properties.

If you hang around the sites plenty and know what you’re looking for and pounce fast, you can get a loaded resale contract. I know because that’s what we got :slight_smile:

Our contract had points that had been banked in from 2017 + 2018 points (300 points ripe for picking – except we only used some and banked the rest) + 2019 points. We took a trip in Feb and another in April and STILL had nearly 100 points to bank into next year for our long stay.

They can be hard to come by and you do often pay a little more per point, but if you’re looking to have points available this year it can be done. That said, the resale process takes literally MONTHS to do (longer if international buyers/sellers are involved). So you have to keep that in mind.

I love Pop when it’s just me too. But for people who travel in packs of wild hyenas, it is just a little too squishy

Once you have one contract, if you want the same use year- it is almost impossible. There are a lot of people that suggest buying resale first since Disney can line up use years on direct. A 50 point BW contract may be possible. The loaded ones I saw were at mostly around $150 a point (lower price was grabbed). A loaded 50 point with August use year…is a unicorn.

Florida law states (I hope I’m not misquoting) that you cannot stay in one location for more than 30 days as it then constitutes a residence not a hotel/motel/vrbo/etc

That’s definitely true. And use year matters.

1 Like

Did you hear about the couple spending the year at wdw? They are staying at every resort- trying to stay in every room category?

1 Like

I did not!

If they move rooms at least every 30 days, they’re good!

Place means actual hotel room, not “WDW”

Also I’m insanely jealous of them

1 Like