This 3 Post limit in La Cava is total BS!

I am sorry @David to tag you. The latest update has replies posting to the bottom of a thread (as always) but jumps the user’s view all the way to the bottom with their post. In other words, if you reply to post #8 you then can be brought down to #200. You then have to scroll all the way up to read everything you missed. Is that a setting that can be adjusted either individually or by default in the software? I don’t know if it it an issue for all users, Apple users, or mobile users but there have been posts about this the last few days. Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve found that reply jump occurrence annoying too - I even looked it up over on discourse.org.

There’s a really long saga of a post discussing the merits of being able to turn that jump off. It seems like the coder is going to implement a per-reply option where you could do something like hold Shift key down when hitting reply, but that ain’t going to help mobile users.

1 Like

Nope- it will not help me. I cannot use my laptop (work) for the forum. I am an iPad / iPhone user.

Thanks to JJT for the research and link. Offering your input to the Discourse discussion that JJT mentioned may be your best bet.

1 Like

Having just read the first 20 or so posts in that thread, they are absolutely against not losing your place. They want users to read every single post in a thread and only respond at the end, and actually very bluntly tell a user that if they want to be able to keep their place in a thread, they suggest not using that site/forum (I’m not clear exactly what it is) anymore and going somewhere else. They describe this as preventing bad behaviour.

I’d like to think we are a bit friendlier over here!

2 Likes

Yeah, the warning I just got for responding to @bethro23 about her son said I was not including everyone in the conversation. I think it is a disconnect regarding how the forum software was created (intended use) and what makes the forum work (actual use- thankfully) especially some areas (LaCava) and maybe some crazy someone planning threads?

2 Likes

Yes I agree.

1 Like

I definitely think we are!

1 Like

I certainly think of us this way!

2 Likes

I am sorry for being a pain but when I purchase software or systems I expect the developers to work with me to customize their product to meet my needs. That is not a consideration or request by Touring Plans?

Edited to add I see it would be a custom feature?

1 Like