Thinking of not getting G+, am I insane?

:rofl:

1 Like

Don’t do it! Follow my trip report to see why :grin:
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/the-roz-family-is-finally-heading-back-a-maybe-semi-live-trip-report/88641?u=emgoblue

(I feel like I’m trying to sell something when I keep posting a link to my trip report. But really I’m just too tired to type it out over here :joy:)

4 Likes

I love when people post the link to their TR. I spend days/weeks/months only reading a few topics. Easy for me to miss new ones

5 Likes

Here’s what I’m trying to convey:

FPP / Genie+ does not necessarily add a single second to anyone’s wait time, and could even reduce everyone’s wait. Instead of everyone standing in line for their full wait, they are being issued a return time when they can ride with only a short wait. If the number of people who wanted to ride was equal to the capacity of the ride, then everyone could get a FPP/LL and no one would have to wait standby. This would be like Tapu Tapu at VB.

However, what ends up happening is that Genie+ allows guests to ride more headliners than they would have if there was standby only, if they so choose. Therefore Standby guests are negatively affected. But only by the amount by which Genie+ guests are riding more than they would have using standby only.

1 Like

Never thought about this, and it makes so much sense!

1 Like

Yes…what you are suggesting is a TRUE virtual queue system, which I would love to see done at the parks. Problem comes in traffic flow. Because now all those people who used to be in Standby would be clogging the pathways and stores, etc., while waiting for their return time.

1 Like

Yes I would love for more rides to just have a VQ. If you know when your return time range is and it’s over an hour away you should have time to do other things than shop or eat. They should only use a VQ for rides with 45-60 minutes plus lines.

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that the capacity of Ellen was much greater then GoTG. Actual number of riders though is probably about the same. I loved Ellen but it was never full when we did it.

1 Like

I agree with this. TP did an analysis that found that adding FPP mostly increased wait times at attractions with previously short waits - not by a lot, but it pushes people to rides they normally would skip.

2 Likes

That analysis means they SHOULD do FPP and G+ for rides with short waits!
Wouldnt we all want more guests to go to those rides as that reduces guest numbers walking free and on other busier rides.

1 Like

It’s definitely an interesting mix of conflicting interests!

@Wildblue ,CL’s have been raised an average 2-3 levels for your trip dates unfortunately. You may want to consider making touring plans.

3 Likes

Thanks, bebe. And yes, I was about to post the same thing for the OP. Our week of 9/11-9/19, TP has SIGNIFICANTLY increased predicted crowd levels. From 1 and 2, up to as much as 5 and 6. I will definitely be putting TP’s in place, and looking more at G+

4 Likes

Who even needs an ILL when my TP says this is the wait? This is why I have trust issues. :rofl:

And yes I know that’s way way off. I threw it into the list as a placeholder for end of night, but when I optimize this is where it goes.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because a user submitted a standby wait of 12 minutes at 1:36? I’m guessing it was a LL wait, it just didn’t get documented that way…

2 Likes

It’s been at 16 min ever since I created the TP 2 months ago though. I’ve had a few other rides give questionable wait times, but they have mostly updated to what I’d expect in the meantime. This one just amuses me. I feel like it’s missing a 1 at the beginning or something.

3 Likes

My son and I had a grand old time making TPs and then clicking optimize to see what they said. It was a good laugh. I just feel bad for those who are new around here and don’t know any better.

We really haven’t been able to use a touring plan this week. We basically have decided what ride we will RD, and what ride we think we should do second, and then just look at wait times from there. And sometimes our second ride hasn’t even worked out. We had a hard time the first couple of days coming to terms with that, but it’s been much better once we decided to abandon the plan.

3 Likes

Our first day here I tried to help TP out and submit wait times, but it only worked once. I tried two more times, and it just kept loading when I clicked on stop timer. ASS kept timing even after I clicked on stop and was at like 260 minutes when I happened to check again :laughing:

2 Likes

While I don’t think it will be that short of a wait around 5pm, the line does go down quite a bit in the evenings, especially the closer you get to closing.