The World's Longest UOR Trip! (For our family, at least)

Yay! Have a great time!

We got moved into our room…checking out the lobby now as I wait for my other DS and DDIL to arrive.

Noticed this hotel is considerably busier than Surfside was in 2020! :grin:

8 Likes

Woohoo! I caught this trip report just as it’s kicking into gear. I was busy writing my own the last couple of days. :sweat_smile:

Have an incredible time!

4 Likes

Time for dinner…at DS!

8 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Dinner was delicious. I got Spicy Korean Chicken stir fry. Someone got this cool glowing lemonade drink.

8 Likes

Guys! Guys! We’re here!

18 Likes

So arriving at 7:40, this is where the lone is backed up to…but it is moving pretty quickly.

9 Likes

Have fun!

I don’t typically follow UOR reports and I probably will drop off here momentarily, but I wanted to chime in about Rainforest Cafe.

I did not know this but recently learned, so I was wondering if others knew: Rainforest Cafe is a scratch kitchen! It gets written off a lot by folks (self included) who see it as a gimicky place better suited for kids. And maybe it is still that, IDK. But I also made the leap to “crummy food” because of that. And a podcast I recently listened to - who had also assumed similarly in all the ways - had a FABULOUS meal (brunch) there and learned during their visit that it is indeed a scratch kitchen!

This is probably also really good information for those with allergies, since it likely allows them a bit more flexibility in prepping individual dishes.

Anyway, back to your trip report. Just wanted to share!

14 Likes

That made me excited! :rofl: So happy to be following.

I’m also happy to see the Rainforest Cafe love–we have always enjoyed the food & had a great time there.

2 Likes

The Adventure Begins!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I can’t share any of TRC love.
Thematic experience is amazing. I want to love it, but the food is close to the worst we’ve had in Florida.

3 Likes

Two rides on VC!

Said 25 minutes. First time was more like 5. Second time 15.

16 Likes

Fab start to the day!

1 Like

Not so fab…my wife tripped. Fear she broke her wrist. We have to head to an urgent care. So putting this trip report on hold for a moment. :worried:

5 Likes

Oh no!!

Hope it’s not as bad as a break :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Sending her healing thoughts :yellow_heart:

Oh nuts. Praying it’s just a sprain…

1 Like

Oh no! I hope it’s not broken. Sending healing thoughts!

1 Like

:scream: I hope they fix it up for her quickly!!

1 Like