The World in 11 days (live trip report)

About to ride GofG.

The usual non-riders were freaking out. The girl that blacked out wanted to take the chicken exit. The one that gets motion sickness took Dramamine.
They asked me how it was.
I said:
“I have never been. I think it’s something like 7DMT that spins in the dark with screens like Remy.”

They looked to the side and there was a boy that had to be 5 years old getting on the ride, and they agreed to try.

10 Likes

To me, GotG is THE BEST ride of WDW. Period. It dethroned RnRC as my top favorite. Slinky will always have a place in my heart.

9 Likes

My eyes were open the whole time in awe. My contacts dried out because I barely blinked. The girl that I was worried about didn’t black out and enjoyed it. The boys and DD12 loved it.

But one of the non-riders left the ride in tears. It was very awkward and I felt really bad for her.

At least no one got motion sickness.

And for most of us, this was the best way to end our Disney vacation. I should have planned to ride it 2-3 times. I will have to go back soon. Maybe Monday before our flight?

9 Likes

The day ends with Harmonius. Beautiful. There was a debate over which one as better Harmonius vs Enchantment.

We arrived 15 min before the start of the show, and I thought the place we got was good enough. I don’t think the park was very crowded.

10 Likes

And that is it for the Disney part of our trip.

13 Likes

I will report our experience at UOR here

5 Likes

Oh, forgot to say: there was no time to ride TT with these tickets. Wish we could give them to someone else.

6 Likes

Yes to this!! It dethroned BTMR for me as my new favorite!

This is a great view! Italy?

3 Likes

The view of Harmonius is from the entrance of WS towards the back (towards world of celebration)

3 Likes

You can tell who enjoyed the ride and who didn’t

10 Likes

12 Likes

Those are great! It really kills me how soooo many people have their faces obscured by their hair though.

4 Likes

I hope no one lost their lunch … :grimacing:

2 Likes

Day 11: Check-out / travel day

Always a sad day.

Our flight is not until 9:45 pm though. Some vacation hours left.

We requested a late check out (noon) , which was promptly granted.

The group decided to eat at CB cafeteria. Bleh.

7 Likes

The girls and I went to Starbucks next door. Anything but Cabana Bay food for me.

Line is long here now.

7 Likes

Last meal together. Reliving our best and worst:

Thrill- seeker group:
Best of Disney: GofG x 5
Best of UOR: Velocicoaster, Velocicoaster and Hagrid’s tied for me
Skip at UOR: Hipogriff, Fast & Furious, Fallon
Best of entire vacation: Velocicoaster

Usual non-riders:
Best of Disney: Naavi, 7DMT, FOP, GofG
Worst of Disney: Everest, GofGx3, Dinosaur
Best of UOR: Kong, Escape from Gringotts

Most voted:
Best ride: Velocicoaster
Worst ride: Fallon, Fast & Furious

Best meal: Tusker House
Best experience: Snow White Artist Point
Worst value: Space 220

7 Likes

Time to say goodbye to our friends. :sob: Our flight is not until 9:45 pm

8 Likes

After leaving UOR, we drove to Gideon’s bakery in Orlando. It’s in the middle of nowhere.

Sadly, it’s closed today.

7 Likes

Oh hello there, I’m back!

8 Likes

A quick visit to DS for a proper end to our vacation.

The very first restaurant to the right coming from the Lime garage. The Polite Pig. Works for us.

12 Likes