The Unhealthiest Foods At Disney Parks

Found this article searching for Tiffin’s Whole Sustainable Fish. What a drag, lol! Look how many favorites are on the list.

Ahi Tuna Nachos - Yak & Yeti
Baked Crab Stuffed Lobster - Boathouse
BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese - Friar’s Nook
Carmel Apple Stuffed French Toast - Cinderella’s Royal Table
Cheeseburger Springrolls - Adventureland
Funnel Cake with Brick of Ice Cream - Epcot Funnel Cake Cart
King Triton’s Shipwreck al Forno - Trattoria al Forno
Lobster Roll - Columbia Harbor House
Sand Pail Sundae - Typhoon Lagoon
Shnitzel Savvy - Raglan Road
School Bread - Norway
Smores Baked Alaska - Boathouse
The Kitchen Sink - Beaches and Cream
Turkey Legs - Magic Kingdom
Whole Sustainable Fish - Tiffins

1 Like

That just means they taste the best!!!

5 Likes

That’s okay :slight_smile: I don’t really go on vacation to eat healthy. In fact, on my last trip, I must have been eating 3000+ calories a day, and I think I managed to lose 1/2 lb… Just gotta get those steps in!

3 Likes

Well, all that delicious fat and sugar are probably why they are favorites!

1 Like

I Googled Tiffin’s Whole Sustainable Fish, so pretty much an indication of how I like to eat on Disney trips. I can’t believe the writer went after the Schoolbread, though. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve only had the Kitchen Sink and now we’ve done it, I don’t think we’ll bother again. But with everything we eat in a day there, it’s definitely a million times worse than what we eat at home!

wow. that slideshow made me hungry! yum!

1 Like

I don’t care. I don’t keep track of that kind of thing, not on vacation, not ever. I honestly think the medical establishment harping about a healthy diet has made these types of snacks more desirable to people. It’s forbidden fruit.

Kind of like the Atkins diet, people get all excited about endless bacon & cheese, but when you can have it all the time it loses its allure.

We eat what we want, and it seems like the family just doesn’t go overboard with this type of thing because it’s not considered a treat. It’s just food. On the other hand, every nanny we’ve ever had gained 20 lbs because they weren’t used to snacks lying around the house. :laughing:

YMMV, of course. :wink: Behind politics and religion, diet is one topic that people are very opinionated on, and that’s okay.

2 Likes

What’s unhealthy about a turkey leg??

That’s what I said, but the article said it’s about 1100 calories.

Sorry, I just noticed the link. I only read the list. I’ll check it out (although if they’re only basing it on the calorie count, I will lose interest very quickly!! :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

The people who wrote and published this list…they’re not my people. “Vacation foods that are bad for you” shouldn’t even be a thing.

5 Likes

Lol.

Something I learned on our last trip - Some of the rice crispies treats are ridicilously unhealthy. My kids wanted an Olaf one and while I didn’t expect it to be healthy, I was shocked by the calories in that thing.

1 Like

I think they are saltier than an average ham. On purpose. Don’t quote me. I’m too lazy to look it up, but I think they are loaded with salt. Which is fine for some people, bad for others.

2 Likes

Before clicking on the thread link, I immediately thought: “How high on the list are the spring rolls gonna be?”

Those things are good as hell tho. The Dessert party for me is cheeseburger spring rolls, chocolate covered strawberries, pog juice. I call that dinner.

2 Likes

I know this is an old topic. But, I didn’t notice it back then, and I bet many of us need to see some good looking Disney food.

I have to say, that the authors aren’t my type of people.

I remember reading a biography from the American Revolution period. There were several groups in Europe that published lists of books they thought should be banned. Then one group banned their own list because people were using it as a reading list.

I think I’ll use this article as a “To Eat” list. Except for the things I know I wouldn’t like.