The things you've never done

Just to get in on this Figment business… we once Rope Dropped Figment. And it was glorious. Never before or since have I ever felt so utterly alone at a Disney Park. The flash of surprise on that Cast Member’s face… she probably thought she had a good solid 15 minute break coming to her…

5 Likes

I haven’t done:

1. Fantasmic (rained out the night we tried to go)
  2. Astro Orbiter (refurb)
  3. It’s Tough to Be a Bug (refurb)
  4. Rock N Roller Coaster (a little nervous to try, but thinking of doing it in August)
  5. Expedition Everest (get motion sick when I go backwards)

Also: Tiki Room and Country Bears and Nemo Show

1 Like

1 - Tom Sawyer Island (My dad told us it was an extra charge (in his defense, he legit thought that) and even when I knew it wasn’t it has never appealed to me.)

2 - Riverboat (cannot remember if we thought that it was extra, but we just thought it was boring)

3 - Main Street Vehicles (another we thought was an extra charge)

4 - Magic Carpets (first, not a big Aladdin fan; second - I have done Dumbo and Triceratops Spin and it is the same basic critter)

5 - AstroOrbiter (first - see second reason above; second - the whole wait in a line to take an elevator up and wait just seems too extra)

1. Astro Orbiter
  2. Swiss Family Robinson tree house
  3. Hall of Presidents
  4. Primevil Whirl
  5. Kali River Rapids ( We had a fast pass for that last time and when we rode Splash, my girls complained about getting wet on that, so we cancelled it. We WILL be going on it this year.)
  1. Haunted Mansion (just never had the desire)
  2. Tower of Terror (chicken…family did it without me last year, probably try next year!)
  3. Enchanted Tiki Room (not even sure exactly what it is…birds?)
  4. It’s Tough to Be a Bug
  5. Tomorrowland Speedway
  1. Frozen Sing-Along
  2. FOTLK
  3. Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
  4. Jedi Training (for the kids)
  5. Conservation station

The only things I really want to do on this list though are JTA for DS4 and FOTLK, unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.

2 Likes

There are a number of reasons why I’m single. My shockingly poor personality to give but one. So it’s not like I have a load of options.

But unwillingness to ride rollercoasters is a deal-breaker for me.

No wonder your ex is an ex.

2 Likes

The things I haven’t done fall into categories:

1. Things that make me sick: so anything that goes relentlessly round in circles, Star Tours (well, OK, I did it once 25 years ago)

2. Things that are boring: Main St vehicles, the riverboat thing, Tom Sawyer island

3. Things that it would be weird for me to do: meeting princesses, going to the small kiddy section of Fantasyland

4. Things that are stupid: pretty much everything in DinoLand USA.

1 Like

I can try to convince you about Frozen Sing Along. I went with my kids in 2016, thinking I was doing it for them. I really was. I haven’t seen Frozen, but I’ve heard it about 1,000,000 times in our van. They love the movie. I don’t. So I really was. But we got in there, and I asked my kids if they were excited to see it. “No.” “Well, we’re here anyway, and we are doing this because we thought you would like it.” Ok, so we sit down and the show started. I guess I had no idea what it was at the time, but when the show started I did literally laugh out loud. It was very entertaining and hilarious. My girls liked it, but I think I liked it more than they did. It really was funny and I liked it alot more than I thought I would.

That isn’t to say I loved it, but it was definitely worth going to see. This is from a dad who doesn’t care a thing in the world about Frozen.

9 Likes

Not the reason I walked, but it should have been my first clue that it wasn’t meant to be :joy:

1 Like

Frozen sing along is absolutely hilarious. It’s more geared towards adults than kids imo.

6 Likes

DS4 loves the movie too, but like your girls, he had no interest in doing a sing along.

But now that you mention it, I have been told (actually rather recently) that it’s pretty funny and that adults enjoy it.

Ok maybe I’ll add it to our TP, unless DS completely revolts against it.

2 Likes

Following the OP and using the parameters he set forth:

1. MILF

That’s it. Other than the new things that have opened since my last trip (Pandora, Frozen, and TSL) I have been to every attraction that has ever been in the 4 main parks in WDW. This does NOT include many of the outdoor live shows/parade. “Dance parties” (which I avoid like the plague). parades (although if I really thought about it, I’ve probably seen at least part of most of them - and I’ve certainly watched them all on video), “castle shows” and the like (too crowded, and really geared for kids), M&Gs (just a waste of time in my opinion), and before/after hours upcharge “parties” and events (because. just. no.).

1 Like

Never done the River Boat or Tom Sawyer’s Island, but I would have liked to do them both. I’ve also never done the train and I’d love to try that. The Tower of Terror is on that list, but I don’t think I’d like that one. And last, I’ve never done the Mad Hatter Teacups, although I would have liked to do them, at least when I was younger.

See, now you’ve done it. Now everyone should demand that you get a photopass picture of you at the Splash Pad

1. Country Bear Jamboree (I always have the best of intentions - next time for sure!)
  2. Basically any of the films at WS pavilions
  3. Hall of Presidents
  4. Monsters Inc Laugh floor
  5. Primeval Whirl

Honorable Mention: Rafiki’s Planet Watch and Wilderness Express Train

1 Like
  1. Tower of Terror. I have a fear of heights and so always volunteer to be with my son and not do this ride. Last year, my son (then 8) agreed to try all rides, and so this was on the list, but he was so stressed out and nervous about it (and he had done RnRR, Space Mountain, BTMRR at that point) that we skipped it. I’m going on a girl’s trip in September, and we’ll see if I get on it . . . .
  2. Astro Orbiter I can’t explain why we haven’t done this. Always a long line? Not easily in your line of sight to remember this?
  3. Hall of Presidents I did this as a kid, but 6 Disney visits as an adult with kids, we’ve never done it
  4. Barnstormer Not sure why we haven’t done this either. Always seems like a big line for little payoff?
  5. Primeval Whirl. This is the ride my daughter wanted to go on when she was 4, and was not tall enough for, so I took her on Everest instead. She loved Everest and I haven’t ridden it since. I

I just realized, my #5 should be Mission to Mars. Neither Green nor Orange.

Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Epcot after 1986ish

Space Mountain
Buzz Light Year Spinny Ride

Monsters Inc.
River Boat
Finding Nemo musical
Swiss Family Treehouse
Speedway