The Professor becomes a Captain — a (non-Disney) cruise report

Wholly unnecessary. I knew what you meant!

2 Likes

You’ve just seen Bring It On too many times:

4 Likes

You people have still got two months to wait until this alleged trip report, so I thought I’d post this to keep you entertained. Isn’t it pretty.

10 Likes

Drop dead gorgeous!

Sparkle fingers!

3 Likes

I mean how can you not love this movie:

1 Like

Mostly to amuse myself, I’m posting this misleading status update:

I have asked MSC to cancel my cruise. They are getting back to me as to whether this is possible.

3 Likes

so I’ll take the bait…how is it misleading?

They have an identical cruise a week earlier than the one I booked. I have the time off and the price is almost identical. Under $100 difference.

So I called to switch to the earlier cruise. The lady I spoke to said no-one ever does that. They always call to switch to a later cruise and she doesn’t even know if it’s a thing. So she’s finding out.

There are pros and cons of switching. A pro is that sooner is better than later. A con is that the later I go, the more likely COVID restrictions are to have been lifted.

4 Likes

Umm, maybe I wasn’t being misleading. Just got a cancellation e-mail from MSC. Anxiously awaiting a call or re-booking e-mail.

Oh my goodness!

Oh wow. They really don’t want me to go on their cruise. They’ve cancelled it twice now.

They’re not messing about!

What’s interesting to me about this is how I feel about it. I’m pretty sure it’s just the way their system deals with this kind of change, but I’m actually feeling anxious and disappointed just in case it’s real. Turns out, I really do want to go on this cruise.

4 Likes

Umm. No further e-mails or calls.

Getting marginally concerned.

Can you look online and see if you would have the ability to book the preferred date?

Too late to call I’m assuming?

I’m trusting them. They said they’d call me back when I made the enquiry about changing it yesterday. I know they have plenty of availability on the cruise on the earlier week.

I’m assuming their process is to cancel the one I had then call me to book the new one with the credit from the old one.

3 Likes

OK, I’m feeling slightly freaked out now. No call. No cruise. No cash.

1 Like

Someone probably just needs a nudge. “Oh, I’m so sorry. Jack was supposed to call you.” :roll_eyes:

1 Like