The Professor becomes a Captain — a (non-Disney) cruise report

I hope you can get it sorted out.

1 Like

Did you call?

No.

I ranted about it in a Facebook group and a few people said their boarding time has changed a few times already. So I’m going to wait till nearer the time.

Since I have the original ticket I may just use that and deny all knowledge of a replacement having been sent out.

Besides, today I’m back to questioning whether the whole thing is going to happen anyway. Unlike dammed WDW, you don’t get onboard unless you pass a day-of COVID test. With the UK policy of “let COVID rip through the population” and projections that millions will get it during the summer, who’s to say I won’t pick it up.

4 Likes

I thought you had lock downs again? I know you said ppl are out in pubs etc though. I think the US policy in many states has been to just ‘let it rip’

Our last lockdown ended in March. We are very much open, though we still have to wear masks till July 19th.

2 Likes

oh… well… masks do help! So, it’s not just let it run through :wink:

Just for another 12 days, with our government merrily announcing that we expect 100,000 cases a day by August and lots of deaths.

From the 19th it is. The government has explicitly admitted that COVID numbers will spike to hundreds of thousands and has said “meh”.

2 Likes

ok sorry about the heart on that comment. Maybe they are hoping for the best w/ those vaccinated?

Well they are specifically saying that it’s going to be bad so I wouldn’t say they were hoping for the best.

1 Like

We are pretty much restriction free as well.
Remains to be seen if it will translate into deaths and/or subsequent lockdowns.

I’d still hope for the trip. Have to have hope. :heart: it’s not over til it’s over. I hope it happens. I’m hoping enough for both of us.

2 Likes

For you personally though, you’re not really mixing with people so you would have to be incredibly unlucky to catch it and miss your cruise.

3 Likes

ok… well then… that’s sad

1 Like

True. This is the one time that being a hermit with a shockingly poor personality actually pays off.

But then I read somewhere that delta is so contagious a mere whiff of it in your general direction is enough.

I dunno. I’m in a bit of a negative place at the moment.

Though I did see this shadow cast onto my wall earlier on —

Also, have you people heard of Charlotte Dobre. She does YouTube videos. I’m working my way through her back-catalog like it’s an addiction or something.

6 Likes

I have every confidence that you’re going to make it on that cruise. And hopefully we’ll make it on ours too :joy: Cool shadow! I’ve never heard of her but I don’t really watch any of the vloggers.

4 Likes

You saw Mickey, right?

She’s not a vlogger. She makes wry comments about social media posts. She’s very charismatic. And Canadian.

3 Likes

Of course. It made me happy.

Oh ok, I was assuming she did park touring videos.

1 Like

I thought you might have been thinking, “Wow. He’s really lost it this time. He’s posting random shadow pictures.”

6 Likes

I’m kinda boycotting those at the moment. Even DFB. No more AJ for me.

4 Likes

I think you lost it long ago.

3 Likes