“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

Heading to Miami. Staying at the Intercontinental tonight

8 Likes

I don’t fly a lot (very, very rarely). Do you think gate checking makes the bag more likely to arrive with you?

2 Likes

Something weird going on here. I was expecting to be there before lunch. Oh well.

Had some breakfast

17 Likes

I don’t fly often at all either…but, how it works is you carry the bag right up to the point where you step onto the plane, and leave it there, where an airline employee takes it and sends it down this little chute, where it is immediately loaded into the belly of the plane. I feel it has less opportunity for being lost than checking the bag through normal means.

7 Likes

I can’t ride in the backseat of a car without getting motion sick but did my first Disney cruise last fall and it didn’t bother me at all.

5 Likes

My sister’s one nephew always got sick in cars. Can you handle roller coasters

2 Likes

Going via the Bermuda Triangle?

4 Likes

So excited for your cruise and to follow along! I’ve never cruised before but have been thinking about it so this TR might send me over the edge to book something!

8 Likes

I took a box of honey nut Cheerios with me to eat before I went to the parks

2 Likes

You are in a prime location to cruise! Book a short one, it will hook you, and then you can go from there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Seems so :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I have debarked in Miami but never embarked there. Nice to be close to the port the morning of.

Wow That is a long flight! :scream:

5 Likes

I have a few times in the past. Flying into FLL is usually quite a bit more affordable and it’s not all that far away from Miami.

With the craziness of air travel these days there was no way I wasn’t flying a day ahead. I feel lucky that it’s been a smooth morning. If I get off the plane and my luggage is there too I’ll feel like I’ve won the lotto!

13 Likes

And now for some orange juice while I read my (very aptly named) book. Gotta get that vitamin C in!!

18 Likes

You aren’t supposed to say that out loud until you have luggage in hand :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Have a fantastic time @OBNurseNH. I have been thinking about doing a Disney cruise lately so I am anxiously awaiting your report and thoughts on cruising!

5 Likes

Oh cruising I love!!! I’ve done roughly 10 in the past on Carnival, Royal, and Princess. I have a deep love affair with the ocean (I’m a :crab: after all) and was hooked on the stuff from the first time I stepped on board a cruise ship.

This is my first DCL though and my first sailing in about 10 years (that WDW addiction is strong!!) so I’m very anxious to experience it!!

14 Likes

Fun fact - instead of chewing gum on the plane, I eat one cheerio at a time, constantly swallowing so my ears adjust to the pressure more slowly.

That’s so encouraging!

Well. With Dramamine. I start taking it the day before we go to Disney and take it every day of the trip. Usually I’m ok. The only time I had trouble was when we rode something at Sea World where you just sit in the seat and your feet dangle. Having no “ground” messed me up for a while afterwards. Sit on the curb, drinking sprite and eating crackers kind of reaction.

Wow. I really sound like a high maintenance traveler. :thinking:

10 Likes

Nah. You sound like a traveler who likes a very specifically curated experience :wink:

10 Likes

Have fun! Can’t wait to follow along. You trip reports are always great. I would love to do a cruise one day.

2 Likes