“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

I was leaving that up to you guys!

5 Likes

28 Likes

Where is dinner tonight? Are you dressing up? What’s the show? Are Navigators only on an app these days?

5 Likes

ImOnABoat

I can’t put it in your post like our great Overlord but there ya go!

13 Likes

Because she’s on a ship!

5 Likes

Yes. Schedule, menus, etc. All on the app.

2 Likes

Early or late dining?

1 Like

That makes me sad. I really love to feel things in my hand (yeah yeah I know @OBNurseNH LOL)

8 Likes

We did have a real menu in Palo.

Definitely cuts down on waste not having the Navigator out.

1 Like

Im sure. I just like real paper. I only read printed books, my day calendar is still print, I have a printed meetings notebook. I like tactile things better than digital for reading/writing material (as I type on a forum!) :wink:

8 Likes

I agree. And I particularly do not want to stare at my phone at a dinner table. What about kids who don’t have phones?

I would absolutely require a paper menu. And I want to be able to put marks and such on my navigator. That’s sad.

So what did the first drink end up being?

1 Like

I like to keep them as souvenirs, as well as mark them up.

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH , was there a DVC magnet on your door? Did you receive a call from DVC before the cruise? Was there a DVC welcome reception?

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, this was a huge bag of ridiculousness on our trip. At every sit down meal we were presented with a QR code! First of all, the kids don’t have a phone, secondly even if they did, their phones are the same as mine and don’t actually do the QR code thing unless we install an app.
We asked for a paper menu each time and it was like asking them to give you a private dance!! :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

:smirk:
(She’s busy)

8 Likes

Did you get reservations at Remy and Palo? Inquiring minds want to know many things.

2 Likes

If my sister sees this thread, she’s certainly booking. She didn’t miss going to WDW last month - cuz heat - but has continuously put off cruising.

Tho she’s talked about it for at least a decade.

Kind of the opposite of FOMO

4 Likes

You can “favorite” various activities on the navigator digitally. You then got a push notification when the time was approaching for that activity. I loved the digital one.

4 Likes

Had so much fun at sail away

A delicious dinner

And saw a lovely sunset

And now seated for the Golden Mickeys show!

Have so many words to add but show is about to start!

Wish you were hear. Truly.

35 Likes