The Non-Disney-Regulars Trip During Covid - Sep 19-25 2020 Trip Report

More Tips: I wore my phone on a lanyard, game changer! If you are a parent and feel like all you do is carry stuff around and lose it everywhere, this is a must. I will do this always moving forward! There was a little thing I bought at Meijer to put in my phone case that had a hook which stuck out the plug hole. I hooked that onto the lanyard. The lanyard also had an extra clip, which I made use of when we were eating and hooked my mask to it! Only downfall is that on the hot days, my phone was dialing when it hit my body…oops!

Also, I’m not a hat person. But I bought one (fedora style) and wore it nearly the whole time. It really helped me in the sun.

Lost my sunglasses somewhere between Pooh and Tea Cups. I will always pack cheapies and not risk losing more expensive ones. Or maybe I can hook it to my lanyard next time???

HUGE thanks to all that recommend the City Mini double stroller! I bought one off a swap site before the trip, and I am in love with it. Handles better than the single stroller we had, and the red color was easy to find. If your a parent and trying to figure out what to pack in your park bag, feel free to pick my brain. I can share with you what we used and what we didn’t. Mainly, snacks and drinks came in handy.

HUGE thanks to whoever gave the tip about packing cheap throw-away toys. We got a ton of use out of plastic slinkies. slap bracelets, and army men on bus waits and rides. No problems if they got lost or broke.

9 Likes

[quote=“BoPeepPrincess, post:35, topic:74238”]
Now DD5 won’t let me kill a spider. I must catch and release them outside.
[/quote]. :rofl:

I could see my DS2 trying to jump off LwtL too. How funny!

3 Likes

This. It has certainly been a struggle. Cannot wait to see my DS3 get to be carefree and explore the world again! We arrive tomorrow and I’ve seriously been losing my excitement and getting bogged down in recent reports of the crowds so hank you so much for sharing your trip report!

4 Likes

Oh, would love if you shared what was in your park bag for the little guys! Did you bring your bag on the rides with you or did you leave it at the stroller and have a smaller bag for wallet/stuff (or was that on your lanyard too :joy: actually love the lanyard idea and I could show off my Disney pins!)

If you only had your DS2 would you have wanted a bigger stroller or an umbrella? We have a baby jogger city premier (which I LOVE) but we usually take our UppaBaby GTLuxe on trips (more rugged umbrella). I’m just concerned that our GLuxe has such a small basket and not as roomy for DS3, but it does lay completely flat if he chose to nap (haha! never will happen).

Did you clip DS2 mask on your lanyard as well? Thanks for all the help!

I would also love to hear about your park bag contents! Did it feel like too much? Too little?

Review my bag for littles :joy::

Water bottles
Ponchos
Bags for feet with rubber bands and/or wool socks
Binder clips?
Hand sanitizer
Sanitizing wipes
Sunglasses
Sunscreen?
Phone chargers- portable
Hats
Snacks
stroller cover in case of rain?
diapers per child
Extra change of clothes per child- extra socks for DS2
Wet bag
Extra face masks
ID and gift cards and cell phones (debit card to HS)
Trading pins
Bandaids
Ibuprofen
small towel
Wipes
Nail clippers
Snack cup

Adding: “throwaway toys”!!

1 Like

@Broph1988 @Minnietourist

Park Bag: With the double stroller, we were able to fit a park bag and small cooler both sideways under the stroller so that we could access both from the sides of the stroller (it was a tight squeeze). Cooler had water, pop, juice boxes, and Gatorade with an ice pack. No freezer in the mini fridge in the room but the ice pack still helped at cool temperature room. Make sure to pack this in your checked bag or fully frozen in your carry on. Trying to get our check bag under weight, we accidentally had ours in our carry on and had to throw it out at TSA coming back, oops. I know a lot of ppl say don’t bother bringing waters bc you can get them for free at the restaurants but this worked better for us. If you have a stroller, misewell bring a cooler.

The other bag had the normal diapers, changing pad, wipes, and diaper cream. It also had a lot of snacks since we had an Amazon Prime Now order (raisins, goldfish, pretzels, applesauce pouches, fruit snacks). We also packed PBJs every day for the youngins. I brought our sandwich savers, which were nice to have instead baggies so they didn’t get squished. Disposible masks for everyone, including the mask lanyards for DS2. If you haven’t seen these, google them on Amazon. They helped keep them on his face, bothered his ears less, and kept it around his neck when he had it off to eat. Wallet but we didn’t need it. We used our magic bands and mobile ordering for everything. Sunscreen but rarely took the time to reapply. I recommend you do. I missed my back one morning and paid the price for it by midday! The bag of throwaway toys, which had slinkies, slap, bracelets, plastic rings, happy meal toys, & army men. Phone charger, sunglasses, hats, extra clothes for kiddos (minimal) and hand sanitizer, too. Ponchos and rain coats (I couldn’t decide but you really only need one or the other). Cantinas for each of our family of 4. I would pass on this next time. The least possible you can pack, the better! By the end, I was getting less organized and more annoyed to have to dig around the bag for things.

We left our bags on the stroller when at all possible, so we did not take them on the ride with us. We only took them out going through security and onto transportation. @Minnietourist, I prefer to larger strollers that handle better. Not sure about your umbrella stroller, but you have to lean over a bit and not as easy to push for us. BIL & SIL brought one and were just slightly annoyed with it. Any single stroller can be rolled onto the Skyline. Doubles must be folded.

@broph1988, your packing list looks great. We had a wet day at AK but my feet never felt too wet. Not sure if you will want the bags and definitely not the wool socks. Even with the rain, it was still hot! Not sure what you would use the binder clips for but maybe you have a good hack I could learn from. I brought hand sanitizer too but you could probably get away without it because Disney has it literally everywhere. We did not have a stroller rain cover. If you have one, great. If not, we just laid a poncho across it and lived with a little dampness. Next time, I would add giant carabiners if we chose to bring the cantinas. Otherwise, I would pass on those altogether since we brought our own drinks.

1 Like

I have taken kids at 10mo, 15mo, 2, and 4 and I fully recommend the most full-featured stroller you feel comfortable transporting! It’s a lot of stroller time and a lot of pushing. You want one that your kid will feel comfy in and that you (or DPartner) are comfortable pushing for a long time! We took an UppaBaby Vista, BabyJogger City Mini GT and I have an amazing Maclaren Quest Arc (similar to the GLuxe). The GT wins for us but if I still had the Vista and only one younger child, I would bring that again. First, the bigger basket the better, but the kids WILL nap in the stroller! My older son was 4 last trip and we had planned on him being in the umbrella stroller more for when we needed to walk fast. But every time he asked to go in the GT because it was bigger and comfier for him to sleep in. We are taking him solo this year at 5 and I would prefer to bring the Maclaren because it’s easier to carry, but I know he would rather be in the GT! So we got saddle bags to make up for the terrible basket and those are great.

1 Like