The No Plan trip begins Saturday!

Hi all! I will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday with my 15 year old and also my new teen foster placement. The state gave me permission to bring her along, and she is nervous but excited- never been to Florida before! I have absolutely no plans for this trip which includes five nights at UOR and then one night at Disney for EPCOT after hours next week. We will have attraction assistance pass for every ride, so we’re going to take this one day at a time and not rush. I know it will be crowded, so we’ve been discussing how/where to go for down time and how to recognize when that will be needed. We’re also going to take a little time to do some nature-y things around Orlando and maybe go to a beach for 1/2 day. We’ll see! :blush: I won’t be posting many pictures this trip for legal reasons unless it’s just of scenery, attractions, a selfie or two…

16 Likes

Totally understandable!! You are an incredibly generous person to foster a teen!! I’m genuinely in awe of you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know that you know your way around UOR, but if any of us can help while you’re there just reach out!!

8 Likes

Thanks! I’m bummed about not being able to sign up for the Dreamworks land passholder preview today since we don’t have our APs activated yet. But, there will be plenty to do and see, and it will be refreshing to see everything again through the eyes of a newcomer. We have an HP movie marathon planned for tonight and tomorrow night. :blush:

4 Likes

I just realized that often there is a “standby” queue for AP previews. It’s happened on AP appreciation dates that required a reservation. UOR know that not everyone that reserves will show up. If you are at USF on that day, I’d definitely ask about it!

3 Likes

Great idea-thanks! I haven’t said anything to the kids yet about a possible preview, so if it happens it will just be an unexpected bonus!

3 Likes

Very exciting!!! Our fam of 5 will be at Universal from Saturday thru Tuesday before heading down to WDW!
Saturday evening - IoA if flights are on time.
Sunday VB
Monday and Tuesday - hopping between them! Maybe a spontaneous liner meet in there!

4 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll probably just post generally where we are each day depending on how the kids are doing and what they’re up for! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you for bringing two kids to FL. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

How exciting for the teens to get to experience FT’s first trip together! I’ll also be at UOR on Monday… give a wave or a hello, for sure.

2 Likes

We’ve been at Surfside since Saturday afternoon. So far so good, but the shuttle service is disappointing this trip. We are waiting on average 15-20 minutes for a shuttle going to the parks so far, and for a holiday weekend the parks really don’t seem terribly busy at all. Diagon Alley in the evenings has been the least crowded I’ve ever seen it. :woman_shrugging:

Edit to add: they must only be running one bus given the wait time…I’ve been waiting 25 minutes

3 Likes

I’m heading to US whenever the bus gets here…teens are swimming and will meet me later. Hope your trip is going well!

3 Likes

Everything’s going so well, other than the heat! I just got cheeked in at HRH, came to IoA, got a new lanyard & passholder pin, and got in in line for Kong.

My plan is to do Kong & VC and then go to US in HE, so maybe we’ll run into each other.

4 Likes

I’m almost on HE heading to IOA…:woman_shrugging::rofl:

4 Likes

I came back to HRH because my room was ready… I’ll be heading back in shortly.

1 Like