The magic is gone. (At least not fully back yet)

screen shot before he takes this back at 9:59:59

6 Likes

For a limited time only. :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™ll do it too, just this once.

(shit itā€™s invaded my brane)

2 Likes

Are you trying to kill her?

4 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Oh no no this is a local thing.
Wouldnā€™t be surprised if someone at Disney decided hey, its a public roadway, why are we paying for the new sign?
and then your DMV (or whatever) said ā€œsure, we make signs. fill out this formā€

1 Like

they might be responsible for paying for it themselves owing to the fact that they are Reedy Creek and itā€™s not exactly a public roadway

1 Like

then I got nothinā€™
And theyā€™ve got no excuse for being bland and unmagical

1 Like

Wow, this topic has REALLY gone all over the place!

I will weigh in on the blue signs, thoughā€¦ I agree, the purple and yellow signs make being ā€œin worldā€ more special. So if the replace all of them, that would really suck!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Insanity, right?!

5 Likes

That makes 7 hearts. You got lucky number 7. But, since that DOES make lucky 7, I think Iā€™d better stop.

1 Like

:thinking:

Not sure what I think about any of that.

What does it mean ā€¦?

Just that, prior to giving you that heart, I had only given out 6 hearts before. At least 3 of which were accidental. Anyhow, I gave you my seventh heart. And since seven is a lucky number (at least when rolling dice), you should feel lucky. And, since seven is a lucky number, then if the luck falls on ME, then Iā€™d better just stop now.

No I meanā€¦ philosophically what does it mean

Iā€™m trying to see things from your perspective. LOL

Canā€™t.

I find hearts confusing, and unclear.

Apparently, so do you! :wink: (At least when I give them.)

Exactly what I was getting it, poorly.

Regarding Rowling and Hermione, I think itā€™s quite simple:

Rowling always considered Hermione to be a bushy brown haired white girl. Hence the illustrations and actor choices, etc.

But she correctly pointed out that she never made it explicit that she was white in the text. So she said it was a valid interpretation. She was not trying to say that she ever intended for Hermione to be black. Here are her actual words:

Original tweet:

Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Rowling loves black Hermione

Follow-up statement in an interview:

I had a bunch of racists telling me that because Hermione ā€˜turned whiteā€™ ā€“ that is, lost colour from her face after a shock ā€“ that she must be a white woman, which I have a great deal of difficulty with. But I decided not to get too agitated about it and simply state quite firmly that Hermione can be a black woman with my absolute blessing and enthusiasm.

Note the ā€œcan beā€ ā€“ not ā€œisā€ (emphasis added by me). There can be more than one interpretation of a character. Both interpretations are valid.

3 Likes

I really hate the blue signs. I liked the purple and red. The blue just feel to generic.

4 Likes