The magic is gone. (At least not fully back yet)

Regarding Rowling and Hermione, I think it’s quite simple:

Rowling always considered Hermione to be a bushy brown haired white girl. Hence the illustrations and actor choices, etc.

But she correctly pointed out that she never made it explicit that she was white in the text. So she said it was a valid interpretation. She was not trying to say that she ever intended for Hermione to be black. Here are her actual words:

Original tweet:

Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Rowling loves black Hermione

Follow-up statement in an interview:

I had a bunch of racists telling me that because Hermione ‘turned white’ – that is, lost colour from her face after a shock – that she must be a white woman, which I have a great deal of difficulty with. But I decided not to get too agitated about it and simply state quite firmly that Hermione can be a black woman with my absolute blessing and enthusiasm.

Note the “can be” – not “is” (emphasis added by me). There can be more than one interpretation of a character. Both interpretations are valid.

3 Likes

I really hate the blue signs. I liked the purple and red. The blue just feel to generic.

4 Likes

Yessss—- I think that’s my problem. Just a sign but kind of fits with what Disney doing. Making a lot pretty generic.

3 Likes

I can’t stand purple and red together after working on a logo for an organization whose colors were purple and red. I still get a headache from thinking about it, and it has been nearly 20 years.

1 Like

I think what I like about the colors is that they are bold and differentiated from all the street signs across the country. I would be ok with other color matches (except the blue they used and the green you normally see, anything else is fine)

1 Like

How can they be confusing and unclear? We have the Heart Chart!!!

5 Likes

See! Z1! Easy peasy!

3 Likes

Happy to help. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What a brilliant idea. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve tried to stay away from that thread because it’s too large. Now I may get sucked into that rabbit hole.

What??!!
It’s the first thread I check every day.

4 Likes

Me too! I always need to start the day with a laugh. :joy:

3 Likes

Last night, I read through the last few days of the jokes and meme thread. Much less intimidating to see 4 new posts rather than 6000+ since the last time I peeked.

4 Likes

Within that thread is a very recent discussion on management of email and marking all as read.

Do this for that thread (and others) and then just manage what you have going forward!

(Right @Jeff_AZ ??)

4 Likes

I have so many unread threads, it is so overwhelming I don’t even try!

2 Likes

Lol, if it has stayed unread for more than a week, its time to dismiss and maybe stop tracking the thread, lol. U can also search the topic later. (I have a few trip reports that I have not followed this advice for, WILL finish :joy:)

1 Like

It is annoying when a trip report is SO popular (such as, by random example, @Randall1028’s) that when the weekend hits, and I’m usually busier and unable to keep up as much, that between my last visit and the next, there are 150+ new posts. Ugh! How am I supposed to have a life of my own with everyone having such a good time at Disney World???

2 Likes

I often go back into the thread and pick up at the bottom, though. And I need the numbers to go away. I don’t want to unfollow the thread I just pop in and out as I am able or want to.

There have been plenty of threads that I’ve unfollowed though :wink:

2 Likes

Wait Am I missing his trip report somewhere?

No, no. Sorry. I used Randall merely as an example of someone who ends up with a trip report thread that grows by hundreds of posts in a matter of a day, it seems…didn’t mean he is CURRENTLY at WDW!

1 Like