The Lightning Lane Thread! All WDW Info Here

The only saving grace is that this rolls out on a Wednesday :joy: But still the 7am mad dash.

1 Like

You got version 8.0.1 last week?

1 Like

I’m not sure what the version was, but it definitely said that exact same statement of “starting July 24…”

Have they even said 7am??

2 Likes

I think Disney confirmed it. :woman_facepalming: I don’t know for sure though. 11am for me is Disney midnight. So I might try then? It’s crazy to me how Disney spent all this time leading up to this new system but you have to jump through hoops just to find out the very basic info on how to use it.
I swear it’s intentional.

2 Likes

Check again today. Like I said, last evening I did not have 8.0.1 available to me but this morning I did and had to do a manual update in the app store.

3 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

Yes. Per the WDW site:

“Guests can purchase Lightning Lane passes for days they have valid theme park admission* starting at 7:00 AM Eastern Time on their first day of eligibility.”

5 Likes

I can update it but I was just pointing out that that language was the same for the last few updates.

1 Like

Do you have an Android? That language was new for my iPhone update. I posted a screen shot of my 8.0 update (was it yesterday?).

Edited: it was two days ago

3 Likes

Oh! I misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry!

Yeah, that language has indeed been there for a bit. I have an iphone and noticed it maybe last week-ish?

3 Likes

This post is where the April version verbiage was shared. It is very similar to 8.01 verbiage but this was Android, so might be slightly different.

2 Likes

I just checked and my iPhone list has the same list (with the addition of the last update) that my iPad had 2 days ago (including the at random 3. Iidate last month).

2 Likes

I think the April date was a glitch, but the language was updated on July 10.

2 Likes

Maybe some new info. I haven’t really been paying attention :grimacing:

Here’s the pamphlet

7 Likes

The irony that they realized a how-to would be helpful as they release the least complicated version of this thing

:rofl:

8 Likes

Finally simple ebough they could actually explain what they built !:rofl:

4 Likes

and fit on a two sided card stock like that!

3 Likes

Just a heads up:

Every source I’ve read online says that pre-booking opens up at 7am tomorrow.

However, if you are awake after midnight tonight or before 7am tomorrow, it would be worth checking to see if you can book for any days prior to your 7- or 3-day window.

The theory being that if the system “launches” before 7am, it is possible that days that you would already be eligible for if the system had already been in place might be open for booking. To prevent this from happening, Disney would either have to 1) build special rules into the code for launch day; or 2) not launch until exactly 7am. (Maybe that’s a simple proposition; I’m not a coder.)

Just a thought. Maybe someone smarter than me can examine the code and see if it addresses this issue.

8 Likes

11pm for me so I will try to be up just to check.

6 Likes

Finished! My hot take: wow, that was the easiest Disney world process ever! The app worked seamlessly and it took 5 minutes to book 4 days!

15 Likes