The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

I noticed the fizz. We had fizz as well as tea on Sunday. And there’s a tea cup with an individual tea strainer at the very front of the picture. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s an empty tea cup…
I feel maybe it’s me who’s been getting the afternoon tea thing wrong.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Nice!
I’ve never done tea there. How does it compare to The Dome?

DS looks fab in his kilt :star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

4 Likes

Great kilt!
I love Edinburgh Castle.

5 Likes

I was thinking those two guys are going to be there for a while (in the Heathrow pic)

2 Likes

I just finished Downton again (actually in the middle of the first movie now) and I swear this building was in one of the episodes. Minus the box truck :rofl:

Love the pictures and how much fun you’re having, minus the lost stroller and phone.

7 Likes

That last castle is STUNNING!

I could spend hours just looking at all the detail! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Have you seen the latest movie?

2 Likes

No, not yet. I was doing the run up to bide time until it’s released on streaming.

Have you seen it yet?

2 Likes

No. No one wanted to see it with me in the theater since they didn’t watch the show. So I’ll have to wait until it is streaming as well.

4 Likes

I went solo. :blush:

Loved it, it was better than the first movie.

4 Likes

Every tea seems to just magically come with fizz! Even the Peter Rabbit tea I have booked with the kids in London! But I promise that I have proper hot tea along with. I am not fond of milk in tea though.

I much preferred tea at the Dome. This was cool/unique but I’m more of a traditional person and I liked the sandwiches better at the Dome as well.

I’m surprised (but I guess it’s a British show) that the UK got the movie before the US! I’m very excited to see it when I get home! Especially after Nicky raved about it.

6 Likes

That’s good to know!

Yesterday we went to see the Royal Yacht Brittania. This was my dad’s top request and I also really enjoyed it. The kids did well too.

This is a Lego model!

DS3 played on the bridge for a good 10-15 minutes.

I need to score a dinner invite!

After the cutest scavenger hunt I’m not sure how we could not come home with a Corgi!

11 Likes

Great pictures!
I really liked the Royal Yacht Britannia too. We skipped it on our first visit, but I was so glad that we did it the next trip.

Be careful. It could lead to this.

10 Likes

Today we went to the Royal Highland Show! I’m a big fan of agricultural fairs in New England (Topsfield, Hopkington, Barnstable, etc.) So I wanted to see how they are done over here!

Pretty much the same! :rofl::rofl: DH actually enjoyed the knock off coffee.

Obviously many Scottish touches!

I think there was quite a bit of actual, serious farm equipment buying happening which was very different than in the US where these fairs are mostly for “show” or kids raising animals or entering contests. There were some serious horse competitions as well. We wanted to see the sheep shearing but that doesn’t start until tomorrow.

These folks were a very cool Scottish/Brazilian mashup. If Brazil ever comes to Epcot then WDW will have to book them.

And lots of stops were made on our way back to the exit!

13 Likes

Ahhh, omg! We have said for a very long time that we can get a dog when Carson is 5… And he’s just about to turn 4 so that excuse is running out of mileage!!

4 Likes

That is a large tractor - but you need to find a lambourghini like Clarksons Farm

1 Like

That show was good!!

1 Like