The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

Yes, we’re at the airport :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

I’m so glad you got a ferry @melcort10. That’s such a relief!!
Safe travels to London. Hope you have a great time down there.

6 Likes

Yay! I hope your flights go off without a hitch too! Have so much fun at Universal!!

I suppose we will just have to get used to being on separate continents again! :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Liner wave to @missoverexcited as we barrel past Manchester! Made all of our connections, just a 40 minute delay.

7 Likes

Waving back! Glad it’s going smoothly.

3 Likes

I’d missed you were heading to UOR @schme.
Hope the run to London went smoothly @mel.
We’re sat at Henley- just over an hour to race time

3 Likes

Welcome to London!
Trying to email you but my yahoo is being weird & don’t think it sent.
I can be around tomorrow if you are still up for a meet up. I’ll email later from work.
Henley was great but they didn’t get through sadly.

11 Likes

Sorry for DS but it still looks like an awesome experience!!

I hope Mum got to watch with a glass of the Moët??

2 Likes

Pims darling

5 Likes

We are in London!! Got to the airBnB last night around 6pm. The journey went well enough although I have to say I was unimpressed with Avanti West Coast after all of their slick advertising. Our hosts sent us to a delicious, tiny Greek restaurant that hit the spot. DS6 called it a wee restaurant :rofl:

This morning we started right up with the Tower of London! We hit some transport hiccups and brought the Scottish weather with us so it was a bit rough but we turned it around once the sun came up.

Chatted with the ravens. They are loud!

DS6 took this picture of me because this was the Queen’s throne.

My two brave warriors.

We walked across the Tower Bridge to head to the Burough Market!! The kids have been asking for days when they can get tasty treats there. (It’s featured prominently in our Goodnight London book.)

12 Likes

Great photos!!! So cool.

2 Likes

Ahh, of course. I had a Pimms on the Serpentine pool just an hour or two ago.

9 Likes

Aw lovely pics!

1 Like

We have submitted to no stroller after all the stress. Thank the sweet heavens I brought our Tula. Hands free Naptime.

Some Mac and cheese for DS6.

And DS3 has lasted these 3.5 years on earth sustained mostly on bread so this feels accurate.

14 Likes

See, Pims - told you!

Love Borough Market. Was hoping to get to see you there so I could go into Neals Yard cheese shop - we spend more there on Christmas Eve on cheese than on the turkey most years

3 Likes

When I was training round the corner, Borough Market was a low key veg market. Some good , then cheap pubs there - love the Anchor on the river. We snuck in late one night to acquire some wood pallets to fix our scenery for a production of Guys and Dolls. All a bit different now

2 Likes

Great pics.

3 Likes

Mac and cheese looks soo good! And that bread!

1 Like

Ah, I wish I had known. I would have made a trip for you today! I saw it but we got cheese from another shop. It was so hard to buy only enough for one week!

3 Likes

I see it! Also, I see a bonus Daddy Duck too, which I thought was Donald at first!

5 Likes