The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

Great pics!

3 Likes

Looks so good. Hope you’ve managed to rest a bit while there - before the onslaught of London!
Your patents have gone now? Thought they were in London with you?

Hopefully I’ll get to meet up with you on Thurs next week- ds18 has been so excited training on the river at Henley-says it’s like the Olympics! But they’ve got to win two races to get thru to Thurs which is honestly unlikely. So I’ll be sad not to get to meet up but pleased if they get thru the racing that far! DS is just so happy to be in the team. Grandparents driving down from Yorkshire tomoro to watch.

6 Likes

We are about as rested as we can be since the kids have definitely fully adjusted to the time zone (unfortunately). But the pool time has been great.

All the grandparents opted out of the city for one reason or another. My dad is getting his second knee replaced in the fall and didn’t want to attempt to squeeze any more miles out of the old one walking around London!

I do really hope we can meet but what an experience for DS!!

3 Likes

Morning! Enjoy your last full day in Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
I’m just heading into work- not so much fun!

3 Likes

Packing up…

Important things first!

12 Likes

Who needs socks anyway?? :laughing::+1:t2::cocktail::cocktail:

5 Likes

We had a devil of a time trying to find it to buy! Everywhere was sold out. Ended up at the Arran Active Outdoor shop!

5 Likes

Ugh here we go for tomorrow…

3 Likes

Oh no!
:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:
Keeping everything crossed that you make your connection.

5 Likes

I think you recommended Arran early on and I have to say we are ever so grateful! :hugs: This island has stolen our hearts and I’m very sad to leave. It’s very true to it’s guidebooks with a little bit of everything that Scotland has to offer.

Yesterday started with pouring rain and we were determined to explore regardless.

The boys were so excited to look for pirates in the King’s Caves and the dark woods set a cool eerie tone but soon we emerged out to a gorgeous coastal view.

We walked along high above the coast and then came down towards the caves…

Miles’s hook:

Cave #1

The King’s Cave where Robert the Bruce sheltered.

Some obligatory rock hurling.

Only a teeny, weenie bit of whining on the hike back out. Our guide ensured we did not get lost!

12 Likes

Fabulous pics!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Did you find the :spider:?

There’s always a theme to your packing on these trips…

And you haven’t had a British summer holiday without a walk in pouring rain.

3 Likes

I love this image:

The natural beauty/remoteness of the area, along with the intimacy of carrying your child there. Love it. :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears:

8 Likes

Those are amazing pics!
I’m glad you love Arran. I really want to go back. We only covered a tiny fraction of what it has to offer.

7 Likes

I love the photo with the map. That coastline is amazing - & your DS is pretty cute too

4 Likes

Completely, completely unrelated but there is an entire McLeod’s Daughters channel here??? My week in London could look a lot different…

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

1 Like

We are on the ferry and it departed early! :scream: Good for us since we are on it but I’m glad we weren’t running to catch it!

We have 21 minutes to connect in Ardrossan and I’m confident that is plenty of time if we are able to stay on schedule!

This is a much fancier ferry than the last one we took. The bar is open for breakfast.

11 Likes

@Shmebulock are you leaving today??

2 Likes