The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

He makes a good point of how to track all the info on his phone. He’s using android and some sort of notes? Any suggestions for Apple iOS people? I’m tempted to bring pen and paper :sweat:

1 Like

You can use the Notes app in iOS. I don’t know how to pin it to your Home Screen like he does, but it’s probably possible to do something similar. I don’t mess around with my settings much.

3 Likes

Well, he’s suggesting that they are leaving it open for them to change the number. Since Disney is the poster-child for skrimp-flation, I don’t see it changing in a desirable direction.

5 Likes

Okay question: can I buy ILLs at two parks in one day? We are going to HS in the evening and I really want to get an ILL for ROTR, but I’m guessing I need to do this at 7am sharp before the sell out. We are going to AK in the morning so I’m also considering getting one for FOP. Is this possible??

(I am very overwhelmed by all of this G+ and LL stuff, and we leave tomorrow. Bleh.)

1 Like

Yes it is. If you have a park hopper, you can purchase one or two per day, regardless of park.

I would either try to book them both at 7 on two different phones, or to book Rise first right at 7, and then FoP right after that.

Have a great trip!

5 Likes

Okay, I am working through my AK/DHS in one day plan for Saturday, January 15th. AK has a predicted CL of 7, DHS has a predicted CL of 8.

Plan is to use Genie+ and at least one ILL, accumulating LLs while at AK and then use them after hopping to DHS.

7:00am
SDD
RotR - ILL
FOP(?) - ILL

11:00am
MFSR

1:00pm
TSMM

3:00pm
AS2

5:00pm
ST/MV3D/Frozen

7:00pm
ST/MV3D/Frozen

I have two TPs set up for the day. AK’s starts at 8:30am for ETPE (9am opening). I plan on being at the Pop bus stop at 7:15am for the first bus. Theoretically I can be towards the front of the FOP crowd so I don’t think I will need an ILL. AK’s TP ends at 1:15pm.

DHS’s current TP starts at 2:15pm and includes everything on my Genie+ schedule above, without leveraging Genie+ (since it doesn’t work for planning yet).

In addition to the attractions above I also have Walt Disney Presents and DB7 as part of the TP.

Note that RNRC or TNT are not included. Both were done w/ dd in October. I am old and they aren’t a must do every trip for me any more. :upside_down_face:

If I am able to cut a lot of time out of the TP at DHS (currently includes estimated times of 79min for MFSR and 97min for RotR), I might add Indiana Jones into the mix. Frozen and Indiana Jones are scheduled to have last shows at 7:30pm and 6:00pm respectively.

Does this all sound doable? Understanding of course that the rules may change again by mid-January!

(Edited times because I messed up!)

1 Like

It is definitely doable but I’m confused about MFSR. You wouldn’t be able to get a second LL until 10am with 8am opening or 11am with 9am opening.

1 Like

Ah, good catch. Will adjust that. and move all the times.

This is why we share plans!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good now! If you can’t get a LL right away for one of the attractions, keep refreshing! They pop up throughout the day.

3 Likes

Yes, please!

5 Likes

Curious if anyone has tried the two phone thing?

So, in the example above someone sees the MFSR LL pop up. Someone else logs in to the MDE account and cancels TOT. Then the first person snags MFSR right away. Prevents going from screen to screen so much and saves a few seconds.

Still haven’t seen any reports of this being tested.

5 Likes

I know this has already been stated here, but I’m unable to find what I’m looking for. Can you please remind me the suggested order of attractions with LL at AK? We are going on 12/27 and will purchase G+ but not ILL. I should also add that I’m inclined to rope drop FOP, but since I’m traveling with my 77 year old mom, we definitely won’t be at the front of the pack for the early entry, though we will be in that early entry group.

3 Likes

It’s actually in the first post. I’ve been flipping back to it all day trying to decide if my G+ plan is good/feasible .

Also, not related to AK, this says BTMRR over Splash, but if I could pick one, I’d probably pick Splash because it seems like it would save me the longest wait time in the afternoon. (Probably all dependent on weather for February.)

4 Likes

Thanks! I agree the order of Splash vs BTMRR will be highly dependent on weather. Lately it’s been a tad cooler so BTMRR is higher priority. But that can vary day to day.

1 Like

This was shared in a TB blog. Since, there were not enough CL 8+ days at AK yet, there is no data here for highest crowd days. But the order of LL’s running out may be the same as medium crowds.

code
ak

4 Likes

Yeah I was going to mention that their data also seems to support KS first, for the same reason you recommended it.

I still think KS on busy days, NRJ on low or moderate days makes the most sense if you’re going to leave the park by 5pm.

2 Likes

I’d say at least CL 5 and up, go with KS first. And let’s face it, on low crowd days Liners know that G+ is not even necessary because standby waits are not long.

4 Likes

So, interestingly enough, I am considering G+ on the lowest crowd day of my 3 park days and maybe not the other two days. It’s arrival day and we won’t set foot in MK (predicted CL 2) until noon at the earliest. We’ll stay there 3-4 hours and then hop to HS (predicted CL 4) for a night of SW. With LLs we should be able to knock out a number of attractions at MK with SDD, MFSR, and ROTR waiting for us at HS. A low crowd day means that I should have at least some availability at MK for LL in the peak of the afternoon. This would not be true on a high crowd day.

When return to HS the next morning (CL 8) the rides with the longest waits will already be off of our list. we can use EE for anything major we missed the day before, knock out a number of rides and then roll into some shows while everyone else is in line. I don’t need G+ for that. We are then hopping to Epcot where I’m not prioritizing rides. The following day, AK, CL 8, I expect to unfold mostly the same way, possibly with a paid LL for FOP, but I’m undecided on G+ for this day.

7 Likes

Ok @bebe80, after seeing that someone saved an hour in line by using a LL for KS, I finally relented and put it first in my suggested order of priority (well, tied for first, but it comes first in the tie).

I would still get one for NRJ first since you’d save more time in line if you get that one vs KS, and you should be able to get both, but I don’t want anyone to miss out on KS because of my advice.

3 Likes

Seems like you cannot try to plan the highest priority LL attractions but just grab whatever you can at 7.

I was thinking of hitting JC in the evening of one of our resort days but with its LLs selling out so quickly, I’m wondering if I’ll lose out, trying to refresh to get an evening return time and then whoosh all availability will evaporate.

3 Likes